Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Comparson between control freak and composer pro and muse

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Comparson between control freak and composer pro and muse posted by chocolatemoon January 01, 2013 03:02PM reply | quote
posted by chocolatemoon
Hi,

Can anyone give me a comparison between control freak/composer pro and muse? I want it for my canon 550 body..

A friend who has control freak vouches for it.. The distributor in India says composer pro is a new and improved version of control freak and so I should go for it.. I'm told that control freak flexes better than composer pro as CF has the flexible tube bellows (like in muse) which is more tilt compared to the ball joint! I'm confused which to buy!

Regards,
Chocolatemoon
Re: Comparson between control freak and composer pro and muse posted by trish mccoy January 03, 2013 03:33AM reply | quote
posted by trish mccoy

hmmmm I am interested in knowing too. Hope someone can comment more on this. I have the Control Freak and absolutely love it. But I would like to know more about the others.

Trish McCoy
Re: Comparson between control freak and composer pro and muse posted by photosnod January 03, 2013 04:32AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

i own the scout and the composer (not the pro). the pro is the same as the composer with just a bit of functionality refined and tweaked. from reading about the control freak you have to mess with the three adjusters. the composer frees you from that and you can position your sweet spot like you want.as for the muse it has no "stay in place mechanism" so it completely manual as far as placing the sweet spot

v

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 10:57PM by photosnod.
Re: Comparson between control freak and composer pro and muse posted by chocolatemoon January 07, 2013 03:47PM reply | quote
posted by chocolatemoon
Thanks for that.. How is the tilt of a composer compared to that of the control freak? I was told that the tilt is more on CF as it has the tube bellows as apposed to the ball joint in composer or pro..
Re: Comparson between control freak and composer pro and muse posted by bigtalljohn January 08, 2013 01:44AM reply | quote
posted by bigtalljohn

I have the 3G, the old control freak. It is fiddly but very controllable and depending on what you want to do this is very useful. When my camera is tethered to a tablet or lappie I can move the focus point with pin point focus on macro work. Looking at the site recently the control freak isn't shown, is it still available.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today