Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by TG-J

Re: LM10 portrait

view post

Hello help please macro kit

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Hello help please macro kit posted by Conman December 20, 2012 08:29AM reply | quote
posted by Conman
hey new to lensbaby i will be buying a composer pro soon. if want to take macro pictures with it do i need both the macro kit and macro converters or just one or the other if so which one?
Re: Hello help please macro kit posted by sr patife December 20, 2012 09:05AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

hi Conman,

Regarding your question, you only need one of them to do Macro, but if you have both you can combine the Macro Converters with the Macro kit and one of the "old" optics.

The main difference between them is that recent optics (Sweet 35 and the Edge 80) arent able to work with the Macro Kit, since "normal optics" (Double glass, single glass, pinhole, plastic and soft) are 37 mm in diameter and the more recent optics (sweet 35 and edge 80) are 46mm. Since your unable to fit the 36 mm Macro Kit on the 46mm, "the work around" is to use the Macro Converters.

So it actually depends which bundle of Composer Pro you are gonna buy, if with Double Glass Optic, Sweet 35, etcetera.

Theres a few differences between the Macro Kit and the Macro Converters (the last one allows you to focus closer). You can check the differences here under SPECS:
[lensbaby.com]
[lensbaby.com]

Hope it helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 09:08AM by sr patife.
Re: Hello help please macro kit posted by Conman December 20, 2012 09:47AM reply | quote
posted by Conman
thanks for the info man
Re: Hello help please macro kit posted by sr patife December 20, 2012 09:56AM reply | quote
posted by sr patife

your welcome
Re: Hello help please macro kit posted by David Morel December 20, 2012 11:19PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

i assume you could also use regular extension tubes...those could be used with your regular lenses also.

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today