Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by PBlais

Re: New Guy Checking In

view post

Centering the composer with Fisheye

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Centering the composer with Fisheye posted by wdeva October 24, 2012 12:42AM reply | quote
posted by wdeva
hey guys,
I've just purchased the fisheye optics for my composer.
and would like to ask if there are any tips to center the composer so that the fisheye frame will be right in the middle.

thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 05:44PM by wdeva.
Re: Centering the composer with Fisheye posted by wdeva October 29, 2012 05:46PM reply | quote
posted by wdeva
anyone tips?
Re: Centering the composer with Fisheye posted by KeithN October 30, 2012 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by KeithN
Hi Wdeva

There's not really a special trick for centering the composer with fisheye. The best way is simply trial and error by eyeballing it until it looks right, then tighten the tensioner to keep it from tilting until you want to move it again.

I hope that helps a little bit.
Re: Centering the composer with Fisheye posted by Outback November 01, 2012 11:00PM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Or you could purchase a Scout housing.

The Scout is designed to dead center that particular optic and any others you want to put into it. Contact Kirsten at LB Customer Happiness. The lens-less housing is not offered through the website but is available. Customer Happiness will quote you a current price.

Good luck

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 11:01PM by Outback.
Re: Centering the composer with Fisheye posted by wdeva November 03, 2012 12:25PM reply | quote
posted by wdeva
Thanks KeithN, thats what I've been doing too. but was just wondering if there was a quicker way.

Outback, the scout seems like a good idea, as for the lens-less housing, is it only available through lensbaby direct? Or will I be able to get it from the local stores?

Thanks!
Re: Centering the composer with Fisheye posted by Outback November 03, 2012 12:58PM reply | quote
posted by Outback

That's a question best asked of the local store or Customer Happiness. I don't know.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today