Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Fisheye.....ok with a Muse???

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by dahapp October 04, 2012 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by dahapp

Purchased the Muse a while back with the plastic optic and added the double also. Looking to get the fisheye next, wondering if it works well with the Muse, or is it better with the Scout???
Re: Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by Marcum October 06, 2012 10:20AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I do not own a Muse due to arthritis in my hands, but the Fish Eye works better for me in the Scout and is easier to use than in my Composer Pro (I see no need in bending the Fish Eye). I would imagine keeping the Fish Eye centered in a Muse would be frustrating. Also, the Soft Focus and Pinhole/Zone Plate work well in the Scout since they have no sweet spot.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by dahapp October 06, 2012 08:05PM reply | quote
posted by dahapp

Thanks Marcum....that's what I have read also in lensbaby literature....the non-bending Scout lens would be a good compliment to my Muse I believe also....
Re: Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by Craig (Admin) October 09, 2012 09:25AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

It will work. It's fun and in video you'll be able to do things you could never do with any other lens.

The Scout, however, gives you the ability to repeat your photos and fine tune focus while holding the fisheye optic parallel to the image plane, thus centering the image circle over your sensor/film (even vignetting on an aps-c sensor, centered circular image on a full frame).

Enjoy.

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by dahapp October 09, 2012 08:29PM reply | quote
posted by dahapp

The ability to fine-tune the focus is what I like about going the Scout route, the Muse is great for on the fly shooting, but is very hit/miss as far as focusing. Guess the Composer is really the best of both worlds, but I do like working with the Muse for concert shooting.
Re: Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by Craig (Admin) October 09, 2012 11:21PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Be aware that the current release of the fisheye fits without any additional adapters. The older version needs an interchangeable adapter that we can sell you. I'd be surprised if any stores selling the fisheye still have the older version.
Re: Fisheye.....ok with a Muse??? posted by dahapp October 10, 2012 07:23AM reply | quote
posted by dahapp

Thanks Craig....nice to hear from the inventor of this fun tool....the Scout/fisheye will be my next addition to my Lensbaby kit....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today