Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by beyond_Life

Dragons Blood

view post

Experimenting with Cyclamens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by TG-J (Admin) August 28, 2012 11:32AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

And Plastic & SF optic. I love the way these 2 optics go OOF wide open, but need to be stopped down @ the point of focus. So with both of these shots I took 2 exposures( f2&f4 SF & f2 & f5.6 Plastic). Then in PS put the f4 image on top of the f2. Highlighted the top layer, went into the IMAGE - APPLY IMAGE dialogue box and chose Layer: Green, Blending mode : Normal Opacity : 100% . Which makes that Layer a B&W copy of the Green channel ( I chose green because it showed the best flower detail). Then going back to the layers palette with the Green channel ( top layer) highlighted changed the blending mode to : Overlay and dialed back the opacity, attached a black layer mask and painted in the detail at the point of focus. This gave me the detail I wanted + the beautiful OOF these 2 optics have Wide open. Thanks for looking. tony
Re: Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by TG-J (Admin) August 28, 2012 01:44PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Similar thing done with the DG & SW35. Except just changed the top layer to Luminance mode and didn't go thru all the hoo-haa. :) tony
Re: Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by jffoto August 29, 2012 03:40AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Interesting reading Tony, you have done a good work - I really like #1&2, they are so dreamy!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by Crabcakes August 30, 2012 07:20AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

ok....I think I follow....where's the tutorial?

Love the effect. Addresses the "sometimes-a-little-too-dreamy" problem very well.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by ndroo September 20, 2012 12:58PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Sweet! Love the 2nd one most.

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by ranfoto September 23, 2012 09:38AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Tony....you've got a lot of hoo-haa going on for a couple "ah' bots....:) .

Foto-Opt is hot !
Re: Experimenting with Cyclamens posted by Kirsten (Admin) September 27, 2012 02:49PM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

#2 is my fave too
Never too dreamy for me.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today