Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by Kirsten

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

How to make the file size smaller?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How to make the file size smaller? posted by Bazalf July 20, 2012 02:11AM reply | quote
posted by Bazalf
Hope you guys don't mind me asking such amateur question...
but how to make the size of the photo less than 2Mb?
The last time I uploaded it to facebook then download it again... but is there an easier way?
Re: How to make the file size smaller? posted by CatGargoyle July 20, 2012 09:11PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

Bazalf,

Most editing programs allow you to resize the image and then save it as a JPG. Try resizing the image so the longest dimension is 700 - 1000 pixels. That should do it. If you let us know what specific program you use, we may be able to give you step by step instructions. Hope that helps.

Cat
Re: How to make the file size smaller? posted by Bazalf July 23, 2012 01:47AM reply | quote
posted by Bazalf
Windows Live Photo Gallery...
Is that too basic?
Re: How to make the file size smaller? posted by CatGargoyle July 23, 2012 06:15AM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

Bazalf,

Just looked in Live Photo Gallery. I don't see a way to resize your images. However, if you have Microsoft Paint (usually comes with the system) you can do it there. In the version I have there is a tab labeled "Home". The second area has a resize button. Hope that helps.

Cat

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today