Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

8 hours ago by jffoto

On the other side

view post

Composer Pro broke my Nikon D90?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Composer Pro broke my Nikon D90? posted by irjeffb July 17, 2012 10:55AM reply | quote
posted by irjeffb
I just got a Composer Pro with Sweet 35 optic. I put it on my D90 and took exactly 23 shots, and it stopped shooting. The shutter isn't working properly and the display blinks "Err". I've tried everything I found online about this problem. I've cleaned the contacts, removed and replaced the memory card, battery, and lens, and tried other lenses. The shutter does move when you press the shutter button, but it doesn't just go up and down like it should.

I do see that the Composer Pro has a part of the lens in the center that is further inside than the rest of the ring (ever so slightly). Is it possible that this hit my mirror and messed it up?

My shutter counter is just under 70,000, and I've never had an issue with this camera before, but it's possible that it was just time for it to die and the fact that I just put a new lens on it is a coincidence.

Any ideas?
Re: Composer Pro broke my Nikon D90? posted by irjeffb July 17, 2012 11:51AM reply | quote
posted by irjeffb
I looked closer at the Composer Pro side-by-side with one of my Nikon lenses, and I can see that, although the inside of the lens does slighly cross the plane of its mount, the Nikon lens has a deeper mount that would put it closer to the mirror than the Lensbaby could possibly be.
Must just be an unfortunate coincidence. I'm sending it to Nikon for repair. They tell me that it should be between $127 and $269 depending on exactly what needs to be replaced/fixed.
Re: Composer Pro broke my Nikon D90? posted by Duh_Vinci July 20, 2012 07:21AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

It certainly is a coincidental.... I have D200, and never had any issues with the mount...

Good luck!

Regards,
D
Re: Composer Pro broke my Nikon D90? posted by irjeffb July 28, 2012 11:37AM reply | quote
posted by irjeffb
Getting my D90 fixed for $200. Bought a D80 to use in the meantime and the Composer Pro has been awesome!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today