Latest Post

5 hours ago by TG-J

Re: On the other side

view post

Sadly....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sadly.... posted by picnic July 15, 2012 10:35PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
my Lensbaby Tilt Transformer/Front Focus won't fit my new Olympus EM5. The big TT won't fit under the EVF. I was told that before I bought the camera so it didn't come as a total shock but I'm still sad. With the remarkable IBIS the tilt with one of my Nikkor lenses would have been lovely on the EM5. I will keep the Panasonic G3 for now to use with it but wonder how often I will want to carry two bodies.

I do have the older LB Composer in 4/3 mount that I used with a 4/3 to m4/3 converter before the TT came out so I still have a LB that is compatible with the EM5 but I used the tilt with 35/2 Nikkor more. Too bad. I know the TT isn't being sold anymore but I really did like the tilt option with a mirrorless body.

Diane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 10:35PM by picnic.
Re: Sadly.... posted by Marcum July 16, 2012 09:18AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Diane, there is a composer Pro body for the OM EM5 mft, just the tilt with LB optics though, but it fits according to Kirsten Hunter.

This is one reason I am moving towards a NEX-7 with a composer pro and keeping my OM Pen bodies for the TT and TT/C I own.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Sadly.... posted by picnic July 26, 2012 12:35PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
Thanks. I do have the original Composer in 4/3 mount which I use with a 4/3 to m4/3 converter so other than the better build I have the same ability for LB optics with it with EM5. I have used Canon TS lenses and while it lacks shift, the tilt of the original TT with a Nikkor 24/2.8 or 35/2 was very nice and with patience I could control tilt very well. I actually preferred it most of the time to using the LB optics in the Front Focus or Composer. Ah, well, I still do have my G3 and it did very well with the TT.

Diane

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today