Latest Post

2 hours ago by ebby62

Fishing boats

view post

Olympus OMD

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Olympus OMD posted by Steve Beck June 17, 2012 11:35PM reply | quote
posted by Steve Beck
Do we have a LB for Olympus OMD/Micro 4/3 yet?
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Joe Nation June 18, 2012 07:55PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Yup, the Composer Pro comes in Micro 3/4rds, and you might be able to find the older tilt Transformer on Ebay.
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Keri (Admin) June 21, 2012 08:46AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Hi Steve - we do have a Composer Pro for Micro 4/3rds, however, due to the shape of the hot shoe mount on the new Olympus OM D-5, the Composer Pro won't actually fit on it. I know that some people have purchased an adapter to put another mount lens on their camera and simply used their Nikon or Canon Composer Pro.

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Marcum June 21, 2012 12:50PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Keri
Hi Steve - we do have a Composer Pro for Micro 4/3rds, however, due to the shape of the hot shoe mount on the new Olympus OM D-5, the Composer Pro won't actually fit on it. I know that some people have purchased an adapter to put another mount lens on their camera and simply used their Nikon or Canon Composer Pro.

Keri, will the tilt transformer/composer work on the OM-D MFT? I have 2 OM Pen E PL-1 cameras with one TT and a TT/C on the other.

To anyone interested, the Novaflex adapters are well constructed adapters, mine is MFT to Nikon, but others are available. I have used my (Nikon) composer pro and scout on this adapter with good success.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Keri (Admin) June 22, 2012 04:12AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Hey everyone - my sincere apologies on this, but we got some bad information - we tried it out ourselves this morning and the Composer Pro for M 4/3 fits fine on the OM D-5, it's the Tilt Transformer does not. Sorry to contribute to the confusion on this one!

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Marcum June 22, 2012 08:50AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Thanks Keri, I will get the MFT composer pro if I purchase the OM D.

I am considering a Nex 7 also, the larger sensor is a big plus.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Olympus OMD posted by picnic September 28, 2012 09:55PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
Sadly my Tilt Transformer won't fit my OMD, my body of choice for m4/3. I bought it when it first came out and have loved it with an old Nikkor 35/2 and 24/2.8. I can still use it with my Panasonic G3 but hate to carry two bodies all the time. I still have a 4/3 Composer (bought for my original Panasonic G1) which I can use with a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter on my OMD but I lose the ability to use true tilt. I also have the LB2 twisty with EOS mount so I can't bring myself to buy yet another m4/3 mount LB LOL.
Re: Olympus OMD posted by driver49 December 18, 2012 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by driver49
I have had a Lensbaby composer for my Nikon DSLRs for a couple of years... and this year started using an Olympus OM-D for travel. I just looked at some of the Lensbaby photos I shot a while back and now I'm thinkin... yup, need one of those on my Olympus.

A couple of questions then re: the "Lensbaby Composer Pro With Double Glass Optic (For Micro 4/3)":

1) Is that pretty much the equivalent of the Composer for my Nikons?

2) it says "For Micro 4/3rds." There are several different kinds of lens mounts in the M4/3 format - how does the LensBaby know which mount I have?

Satisfactory answers to those questions and I think I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas...

Thx,

--PS
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Duh_Vinci December 18, 2012 10:09AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Driver,

I too have OM-D and EP-1, and use it now more often than my Nikon or Pentax dslr due to weight and portability...

1 - don't know, but my guess would be "similar"... I simply bought an adapter Pentax-K to Micro 4/3 and use my Pentax mount Lensbabies on both Olympus cameras(Nikon Ai to m/43 are also available, and very inexpensive)... Drawback - bit bulkier setup than dedicated m4/3 composer...

2 - actually, Micro 4/3 mount is exactly the same, be it Panasonic or Olympus (others, such as Sony, Fuji, Samsung etc. while mirrorless, they are not Micro 4/3, they have their own mounts)

Hope this helps some... Regards,
D
Re: Olympus OMD posted by Duh_Vinci December 18, 2012 10:32AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Here is what OM-D with adapted (PK mount) Composer looks like...
Re: Olympus OMD & posted by yuretic November 15, 2013 06:38AM reply | quote
posted by yuretic
hi there. just purchased a tilt transformer, soon realized there's an issue fitting it on a OMD and so... ended up here ;-)
just wanted to ask (at the risk of becoming unpopular among lensbaby engineers): has somebody tried any artisanal fix to make this work? like filing the edges of the tilt transformer or so... seems to me it'd only need another really tiny bit of space to fit
cheers
andrea
Re: Olympus OMD & posted by picnic November 15, 2013 11:59AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I, too, have a Tilt Transformer--bought it originally for Panny G3. I can see it wouldn't take much to get it to fit but have no idea how to do it. I just use it on the Panny G3. I have a Composer, bought before m4/3 mount was available, in 4/3 mount that I use with a 4/3 to m4/3 converter on the EM5. I prefer the Tilt Transformer because I like to use with old nikkor manual lenses for tilt-a 24/2.8 and 35/2. I'd love to find a way to use with the OMD.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today