Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by David Morel May 06, 2012 11:05AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Went to The Tennessee Association of Craft Artists(TACA) Fair today and did some "retail therapy" shooting of the different offerings. Here are my favorites. Comments and critiques appreciated!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by CatGargoyle May 06, 2012 07:59PM reply | quote
posted by CatGargoyle

David,
I've been known to do have the same type of therapy sessions myself. Overall, I like the subtle tones of the images. The first two in particular I like. Nice work.
Cat G.
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by Va girl May 06, 2012 09:17PM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Hey David.... love this set... jewel colors and wonderful added textures! Interested in your post processing.
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by David Morel May 06, 2012 10:27PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Thank you, both of you! VA Girl...if you pick one of the images i can take you through the details. Typically, i process the image with a layer of cleaning...spot healing, etc. A layer where I adjust Shadows/highlights. A layer where i used LAB mode to adjust colors. I also add a curves layer for contrast. Then I start playing with textures and blend modes. typically, 2-3 texture layers.

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by Va girl May 06, 2012 10:32PM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Thanks David.... #2, 4 or 5 would be my favorites. The texture layer is what I think really added to the feel of these images..... and something I have wanted to try but was unsure of where to start!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2012 10:36PM by Va girl.
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by Lorna Taylor May 07, 2012 11:53AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Beautiful set !!! Great colours !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by David Morel May 07, 2012 10:30PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Here you go, a walk through of what I did with this image. Let me know if you have any questions. Make sure you share with me any images you create trying out textures. :-)

Textures

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by stefanias May 08, 2012 12:07AM reply | quote
posted by stefanias

It is very creative set.Nice colours, I love it :)

Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by TG-J (Admin) May 08, 2012 12:11AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

David ,great set of images. Great tutorial. There should be more of this sorta stuff. Great work.

Can you please explain color correcting in LAB ?? :) Just joking !! Got time to write a book.
:) tony
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by Crabcakes May 08, 2012 06:45AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Great post work david--will definitely read the tutorial when I get more time...soon....been getting into textures/layers/PS work a little more lately.

#4=instant fave!

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by Va girl May 08, 2012 09:06AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

David.... thank you so much for taking time to share your knowledge with me/us! I will give this a try asap and let you know how it goes!! Thanks again!!
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by hebphoto May 08, 2012 09:20AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Hi a wonderful series #1 #4 #5 I love .
great use of texture , finish & Colour
Regards Malcolm
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by David Morel May 09, 2012 01:03AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Thank you all!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by jffoto May 09, 2012 05:04AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
I agree David, wonderful series - great use of texture, image 4 is my fave, well done work!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by RichB May 09, 2012 07:27AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

I am sure that you are the master of both retail therapy and Lensbaby PSing.

Wonderful!

Rich
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by David Morel May 16, 2012 09:58PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

ha! Thanks Rich and Jorgen!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: TACA Craft Fair Retail Therapy posted by juznobsrvr May 18, 2012 01:49AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

nice find and great catch :-)

The practice of retail therapy can lead to great results.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today