Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

51 minutes ago by CatGargoyle

Re: Been gone for a long time

view post

Nikon D3100 and Lensbaby Lens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Nikon D3100 and Lensbaby Lens posted by zaymcgregor April 28, 2012 02:40AM reply | quote
posted by zaymcgregor
Hi all ! I'm relatively new to the photography world , but with some basic skills. I want to invest in buying the macro, soft focus Lensbaby Lens, but i need to know if it could be use it on my Nikon D3100. I'm getting mix signal with previous post when the commented using it on the Nikon D3100 on the Manual Mode. Can anyone please clarify or provide any suggestions on these Lens. Thx in advance.
Re: Nikon D3100 and Lensbaby Lens posted by Joe Nation April 29, 2012 08:11PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

As far as I know it works the same as the D3000 (which my fiancee has). You can shoot only in manual mode, and the light meter won't work. So you either need a handheld light meter and an exposure table, or a bit of guesswork and trial-and-error.
Re: Nikon D3100 and Lensbaby Lens posted by Marcum April 30, 2012 08:19AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Joe is correct on all points, I have a 3100. I prefer my OM Pen E PL-1 with a tilt transformer composer; it works in aperture priority any way you set it up, no matter the LB optic.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Nikon D3100 and Lensbaby Lens posted by SavvyGal May 06, 2012 12:34PM reply | quote
posted by SavvyGal
I have a D3100 and am also new to Lensbaby. Just got a Composer Pro with the Sweet 35 optic and Macro Converters. I think Soft Focus optic will be my next purchase. You do have to shoot in Manual on the 3100. Make certain you change your settings so that Flash is on Manual (I.e. can't use TTL). They also suggest you play around with what intensity of flash you want to use for normal type shots you plan on doing. Actually, I've found I like having flash on manual. Have fun!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today