Latest Post

9 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Lensbaby Teachings

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby Teachings posted by photosnod March 08, 2012 03:16PM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

If there is one thing i have learned since owning my lensbaby products. okay maybe its more than one thing.I have learned to effectively use a non electronic lens. Now i am more likely to buy that third party manual lens. i also have gone past the beginner stage to the novice or amateur stage when it comes to understanding photography. so thanks lensbaby team for not only do you have a great product, but a great learning tool as well!

now only if i could understand photography equipment pricing!!
Re: Lensbaby Teachings posted by ndroo March 08, 2012 05:55PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Great to hear that. Cool!

As for the pricing ... that's something we'll never ever understand. :D

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Lensbaby Teachings posted by Marcum March 10, 2012 08:55AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

photosnod
If there is one thing i have learned since owning my lensbaby products. okay maybe its more than one thing.I have learned to effectively use a non electronic lens. Now i am more likely to buy that third party manual lens. i also have gone past the beginner stage to the novice or amateur stage when it comes to understanding photography. so thanks lensbaby team for not only do you have a great product, but a great learning tool as well!

now only if i could understand photography equipment pricing!!

Quite true photosnod, LBs are a great way to understand the process of photography in this auto digital, point-and-shoot world of photography today.

Seems I read one of the gurus on here who teaches in Greensboro, NC saying the same thing pertaining to her classes in photography.

I learned with a manual 35mm FM2 Nikon. I stopped with the advent of digital and the death of the film industry on the horizon.

Using LBs, my old Nikkor manual lenses, and a digital camera has re-energized my desire to re-enter photography. Maybe someday with a full sized sensor Nikon too!

So, thank you Lensbaby for all you have done and continue to do!

Edited to add: Photosnod, when you figure out photography pricing, please pass it on to the rest of us. :>)

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2012 08:57AM by Marcum.
Re: Lensbaby Teachings posted by BFCoughlin March 12, 2012 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Ages ago, I had a Canon AE1. Loved that thing! Eventually--between distraction while I was raising my children and the general shift to digital--I drifted away from it. I couldn't afford a D-SLR, so I used a point-and-shoot, and then got into iPhoneography. All of that is about *seeing* and not wound up in technical know-how. This past October, I was able to buy a Canon EOS T3. To tell the truth, I was disappointed--I hated autofocus. It seemed like I was spending more time dithering with the settings than I was in taking pictures; and yet, I felt like I had less control over the photo. I missed focusing manually.

Then I bought a Lensbaby Muse. I haven't taken it off the camera. Yeah, it took me time to master it (and I certainly can't claim to have done that yet!) But I feel like the camera and I are a unit, the way I did with my AE1. Sure, I toss over half of the shots I take, but that's no big deal with digital--and I love the ones I keep. I'm truly enjoying this kind of good photography.
Re: Lensbaby Teachings posted by Marcum March 12, 2012 02:26PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I agree BFCoughlin.

I used my dSLR Nikon with auto focus lenses for the first time in weeks today; this was primarily for documentation of site that just needed more 'reach' than a Lensbaby could accomplish.

Since putting the tilt transformer/composer on my OM Pen PL-1, I have not taken it off one time. I focus, the camera does exposure on Aperture Priority, which I may adjust with the EV control. I have control, and it is intuitive the more I use the set up. (I even turned off the video capability to prevent accidentally initiating a video with the way too easy to push video button.)

Using Manual is fine when time is plentiful; the AP on the Pen makes for a more flexible system; it is with me all day (even at church, there are just too many photo options with all those babies and children about.)

I will use the Nikon this Spring and Summer with the Lensbaby optics, and my zooms; yet the OM Pen may not see the zoom lens it came with when I bought it. The Pen and Lensbaby tilt transformer/composer are a perfect match IMO.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today