Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Stupidest Question Of The Century

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Stupidest Question Of The Century posted by SahirneeSSilvermane March 04, 2012 09:10AM reply | quote
I stumbled on your wonderful and utterly brilliant stuff through the Discovery Channel website. My stupid question is this, and I am quite embarrassed, but I have to ask: Do Lensbaby products work with 35 MM FILM SLRs as well as digital cameras? I have my gorgeous little Canon EOS Rebel, which I love, and so far I haven't given in to going all digital yet....and film photography is making something of an almost-underground comeback. Many thanks for any info you can give me on this!
Re: Stupidest Question Of The Century posted by ndroo March 04, 2012 10:39AM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

It ain't a stupid question. The Lensbaby products work on film cameras too. I do use them with my old SLRs.

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Stupidest Question Of The Century posted by Marcum March 04, 2012 01:43PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Indeed, they work quite well as has been mentioned;I use several Nikon 35mm cameras; while the results are not immediately known, it is still a viable option. I have shot color and B@W chromatic c-41 Ilford and Kodak, with good results. I get a CD copy for the computer along with a set of prints rather than an index print, and ask the processor not to cut the negatives, thus, I can reprint from the CD or the negatives.

A plus with my Nikon 35mm cams is that all of them work in aperture priority where my 3100 dSLR is all manual.

Choose a Lensbaby set-up and fire up that Canon.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Stupidest Question Of The Century posted by TG-J (Admin) March 04, 2012 11:23PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

I would buy the cheapest Canon digital camera to go with it to start with. It can sometimes take a bit of practice to start with. The money you spend on a cheap digital for practice would be a lot cheaper than film ,chemicals & time. Then you have a family snap shot camera with which you can view family snap shots , through iphoto on you 50" plasma display. When you finish practicing & get down to the real stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 11:25PM by TG-J.
Re: Stupidest Question Of The Century posted by Marcum March 05, 2012 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

TG-J
I would buy the cheapest Canon digital camera to go with it to start with. It can sometimes take a bit of practice to start with. The money you spend on a cheap digital for practice would be a lot cheaper than film ,chemicals & time. Then you have a family snap shot camera with which you can view family snap shots , through iphoto on you 50" plasma display. When you finish practicing & get down to the real stuff.

Excellent advice, getting the instant feedback will definitely shorten the learning curve. Use the results gained from the digital and then duplicate the settings and focus on the film camera.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today