2 days ago by Josh-LB

Re: Macro

view post

Newbie to Lensbaby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Newbie to Lensbaby posted by kenengimaging March 01, 2012 03:33AM reply | quote
posted by kenengimaging
Hi i'm a Newbie to Lensbaby,
I'm just got my lensbaby composer with 2x glass. I'm using a Nikon D300, I've been told that it can be used in aperture priority just to get started. The question I have is, if I don't use the disk what aperture would the lens be at as if I used the disk of "2.8" it would be 2.8...without the disk would it be 2.8 or wider..just curious.
Thanks,
Ken
Re: Newbie to Lensbaby posted by Marcum March 01, 2012 03:53AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

I have read in the lensbaby lit. that without the disc the F-stop would be 2.0. Aperture Priority just "reads" the current amount of light and calculates the exposure, you may want to do some +- adjustments to achieve the exposure you want.

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Newbie to Lensbaby posted by ndroo March 01, 2012 10:31AM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Without the disc, it should be f2.0.

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Newbie to Lensbaby posted by TG-J (Admin) March 01, 2012 11:01AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Ken, because the aperture does not close down during exposure, in theory, once you find the aperture setting that gives U correct exposure that setting can remain constant no matter what aperture disk you insert. IN THEORY. :) tony.
Re: Newbie to Lensbaby posted by Marcum March 01, 2012 12:03PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

TG-J
Ken, because the aperture does not close down during exposure, in theory, once you find the aperture setting that gives U correct exposure that setting can remain constant no matter what aperture disk you insert. IN THEORY. :) tony.

Tony, If I am reading you correctly, the theory you stated here on the discs means that with a good exposure in one disc I just follow the aperture change with a corresponding shutter adjustment (slower or faster as needed). Which is what I do with my Nikon 3100 in Manual, tweaking as needed according to the exposure histogram.

Am I reading you correctly?

-------------------------------------------------
God said, "Let there be light," and it was so....
Re: Newbie to Lensbaby posted by kenengimaging March 02, 2012 07:16AM reply | quote
posted by kenengimaging
Tony, How true..Like using a film camera back in the day.
Re: Newbie to Lensbaby posted by kenengimaging March 02, 2012 07:17AM reply | quote
posted by kenengimaging
Thanks, Ndroo

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today