Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings? posted by Marcum February 15, 2012 03:25PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Curious as to what people are using of the Lensbaby "system."

I have the composer pro with:
all the optics except the fisheye (have an Edge 80 coming)
Macro set
0.6X wide angle
Super wide angle
1.6 Teleconverter
Macro converters
Creative aperture set

I find the double glass optic with 4X macro and tele
or wide angle converters my most used macro set up at F4. Second is the single glass, third is the plastic optic.

I am hoping the Edge 80 will be here for the weekend.

I consider myself still in the experimental stage with Lensbaby; I have been a 35mm film shooter since the 70's.

I use Nikon 35mm film cameras and a d3100 as an intro to digital.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 03:26PM by Marcum.
Re: What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings? posted by picnic February 15, 2012 09:42PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I have the old Lensbaby 2.0 in Canon mount, the Composer in 4/3 mount which I use with 4/3 to m4/3 adaptor on several Panasonic m4/3 bodies. I have the fisheye optic which I use with the Composer, the super wide and wide angle converters as well as the tele, macro lenses, the Tilt Adapter with Front Focus essentially creating a Composer in m4/3 mount and use the tilt adapter with several Nikkor F mounts and the creative apertures. I don't have any of the other optics though have considered several. I use the double optic in both the Composer and the Tilt/FF. Only regret is that I didn't buy the Composer in Canon mount to use with my FF and with an EOS to m4/3 adapter on my m4/3 bodies.

Diane
Re: What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings? posted by Marcum February 16, 2012 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Add the Edge 80 and a Scout body (ordered today) to my list.

BTW, the Edge 80 has a solid feel, and works great, even hand held shots at 1/30 sec are very sharp, so a tripod will definitely make using the macro close focus and the macro converters very sharp on this optic.

Hope to post some photos soon. Lovin' Lensbaby!
Re: What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings? posted by BFCoughlin February 16, 2012 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
And here I thought I was an addict! I have the Muse with the double glass optic; the macro kit and (just received but haven't used) macro converters; the wide angle/telephoto set; and the creative aperture set. Next paycheck, I'm getting the plastic optic. After that, I think I'm set. the Edge 80 sure looks nice, but is WAY beyond the budget.
Re: What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings? posted by Marcum February 16, 2012 02:04PM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

BF Coughlin, I fully understand, it was that way for me back in the mid 70s through the 80s with a growing family and a burning passion for 35mm photography. Now I am a little better able to obtain what I want, but admit I need to curb my desires for the present.
Re: What do you own/use of Lensbaby's offerings? posted by Makus February 16, 2012 04:04PM reply | quote
posted by Makus

I'm using Muse with Plastic and Double Glass optics on my EOS 60D and analog EOS 5. I'd love to try wide angle converter and macro kit, but ordering them to Poland is a bit too expensive. I have to save a bit more and make a bigger purchase - maybe composer with sweet 35. And i'd love to have those nice Lensbaby bags...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today