Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Fisheye optic with tilt transformer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fisheye optic with tilt transformer posted by picnic February 15, 2012 12:06PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
When I bought the TT/FF last year I read or was told that there would be an adapter that would make it possible to use the FE with the TT. I happen to also have a Composer in 4/3 mount that I use with a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter and the FE but hate carrying 2 LB. I was just told by a forum member on dpreview that he was told that using the macro converters with the tilt transformer made it possible to use the FE optic--I guess making the flange depth sufficient. Does anyone know if this is true? I was going to email LB but thought I'd ask here first.
Re: Fisheye optic with tilt transformer posted by OdzBodkinz February 16, 2012 12:39AM reply | quote
posted by OdzBodkinz

I'll bet you heard that from me! I have my macro adapters on order from Adorama, but they are currently backordered. can't wait to see how well this works.
Re: Fisheye optic with tilt transformer posted by picnic February 16, 2012 04:30AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I did LOL. I have emailed LB though but haven't heard back. My time, they only opened 3 hours ago. Just hoping this is true and I'll order them immediately. No reason not to believe your source though so I'm expecting them to tell me to order the macro converter set. Again, thanks for telling me about them.

Diane
Re: Fisheye optic with tilt transformer posted by picnic February 16, 2012 11:15PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I had my Composer out with the FE and the TiltTransformer and it appears that the FE can't be used with the TT because the FE optic extends too far into the adapter and would hit the sensor as it is now. With the macro converter added It appears the FE would not extend too far but whether you need one or the two and if this would change the FOV--I'm not good at figuring out what each adapter FOV wise does but sure be happy if it works. Still waiting to hear from Lensbaby--may have to call after they open.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today