Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Keri (Admin) February 13, 2012 11:04PM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Announcing our new 80mm f/2.8 portrait lens: the Edge 80.

German engineered glass meets Lensbaby magic. Tilt its Edge-to-Edge sharpness into a sharp slice of focus bordered by silky smooth blur. See it in action: [j.mp].

Happy Valentine's Day!

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Crabcakes February 14, 2012 12:13AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Gllgllgllgllgll.....

(the sound of me drooling)

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by MarieJ February 14, 2012 12:41AM reply | quote
posted by MarieJ

i couldn't resist it, have just ordered it ;-)
Hope the delivery to Sweden will be fast :-)

/Marie

[www.mariejonsson.com]
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by rannestad February 14, 2012 03:56AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Awesome! Congratulations with this piece of glass. I can already see that it is awesome. I also like your info "German engineered glass meets Lensbaby". It must be great!!!

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by picnic February 14, 2012 04:09AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
Very nice. I have a Composer in 4/3 mount I use with 4/3 to m4/3 adapter on m4/3 bodies so could use this (making FL essentially 160mm---a bit long for me) but I also have the Tilt Adapter and use Nikkor F mount 35/2 and 24/2.8 with it (as well as Front Focus which is essentially FF 80mm). Consequentally this would be a bit redundant but glad other mounts besides the mirrorless cams can enjoy the tilt ability. I long used a T/S lens for my EOS bodies so really love having tilt for my small system too. Bet you will sell a lot of these.

Diane
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Duh_Vinci February 14, 2012 07:17AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Bravo for creating another amazing photography tool!

Just spent some time looking through the photos in the gallery and the "simulator" - once again, possibilities are limitless!

Regards,
D
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Lorna Taylor February 14, 2012 07:25AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Now I have a case of the give me'sssssss, would it help if I said please!!!!!!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Marcum February 14, 2012 09:46AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Awesome addition to the line! Ordered mine this afternoon.
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by RHWeiner February 15, 2012 07:20AM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

Oh MAN...I'm going to go broke trying to keep up with every new LB toy. :( But I am drooling over this now. :P

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by TG-J (Admin) February 15, 2012 07:46AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Keri , I knew this one had to be coming, it makes so much sense. tony
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by rusteer February 15, 2012 08:51AM reply | quote
posted by rusteer

NEW GOOD OPTIC, KERI. RUDY(LENSBABY INDONESIA)
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Marcum February 16, 2012 01:17AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Looking forward to the arrival of my Edge 80! This is the answer to my desire for a SLR version of the tilt transformer on the 4/3rds camera using Nikon lenses.

Bring it on USPS!
Re: Announcing the brand new Edge 80 Optic! posted by Marcum February 16, 2012 02:09AM reply | quote
posted by Marcum

Whoo, it is here! And it feels great, and is just awesome in the close up mode, will try the macro converters next.

This is fantastic!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today