Latest Post

43 minutes ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Good weekend!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Good weekend! posted by David Morel February 06, 2012 03:03AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Thought I would share a bit of good news! I was selected for a portfolio review by a Salon of photographers here in town and allowed to show images afterwards in our monthly Art Crawl in Nashville. I wrote about it on my blog: My Year Living Competitively

The review was a bit brutal, heard some honest comments, some loved my LB work, others thought it was a gimmick. To each his own. The gallery owner liked my black and white stuff, but said I still need to take it farther and in a more creative way.

Best part was after the review, we were allowed to show in the gallery and even sold a print near the end of the night!

Also, discovered a local newspaper was using an image of mine on their site for a story published in 2010. I contacted them, they investigated, apologized and offered compensation.

A weekend where more money came in than out from my photography is a good weekend! :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Good weekend! posted by TG-J (Admin) February 06, 2012 06:33AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

:-o , :-0 , :-( , :-I , :-( , :-0 , :-o .
I think you've just had a Closure Encounter with The Men in Black, or was it The Nashville Cats." ;-). Mate you're doin' Great. If anything I would say your style leaned more to a Magazine style , than a Gallery Style. The trouble with Photography is there are so many Takes on it.(Puns intended). The Lens baby is no more a gimmick than a 1.4 lens just a lot harder to use efficiently. The irony is if you read most of the reviews on 1.4 lenses they state that image quality isn't much chop wide open, but improves between f2 &2.8. A photograph can tell a story , but if it has to be justified with words it obviously doesn't work , or , the viewer cannot see. Heads up.( oz slang referring to a coin toss)tony.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 06:33AM by TG-J.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today