Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

New Product Announcement - Macro Converters!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Keri (Admin) February 02, 2012 02:34AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Today we are launching our brand-new Macro Converters - these will work with all Lensbaby lens bodies and optics in the Optic Swap System (including Sweet 35!). They pop into your lens body, then, you insert the optic into the converter. There are two - an 8mm and a 16mm, that can also be stacked. Plus - if you have a Double Glass, Single Glass, Plastic, Soft Focus, or Pinhole/Zone plate you can use them in conjunction with our Marco Kit filters. Check them out! :) [lensbaby.com]

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by srpatife February 02, 2012 05:06PM reply | quote
posted by
sounds interesting... like the results.

too bad that the shipping on the online store to where im at is 35 dollars, thats way too much for the weight and distance. guess i will have to wait til it pop ups on other online stores :(
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by BFCoughlin February 03, 2012 02:16AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
I have the macro kit: what would be the effective difference between this and the macro converter?
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by eleanorrigby236 February 03, 2012 03:23AM reply | quote
posted by eleanorrigby236

Sweet!!! I was just hoping for macro converters for my Sweet 35!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera." ---Lewis Hine
[noraphotos.net]
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by srpatife February 03, 2012 07:04PM reply | quote
posted by
BFCoughlin
I have the macro kit: what would be the effective difference between this and the macro converter?

Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by misterlime February 06, 2012 12:17AM reply | quote
posted by misterlime
Would there be a difference in photo quality between the macro converters vs the kit? The kit and converter obviously look different and are priced a little different. Just wondering what other differences there are between them besides the amount of magnification.
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Beatriz Molina February 07, 2012 02:15AM reply | quote
posted by Beatriz Molina

Hey! I was just wondering this too.

I would love to know the difference between macro lenses.

I suppose macro converters don't have a lens, so they don't take off image quality (sharpness), but you must need bigger apertures.

Am I wrong?

[www.flickr.com]
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Sergej February 07, 2012 03:00AM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

AhAhAhAhAwesomeeeee!! Ordered one today!
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Toddler February 07, 2012 03:03AM reply | quote
posted by Toddler
Can somebody help me figure this out?

I've got a Lensbaby 2.0. The product release says the macro converters support all Lensbaby optics, but mine isn't listed.
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Sergej February 10, 2012 12:45AM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

Hi Toddler - they will only work with the lenses that use the optic swap system, so not with the 2.0.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Sergej

Toddler
Can somebody help me figure this out?

I've got a Lensbaby 2.0. The product release says the macro converters support all Lensbaby optics, but mine isn't listed.
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Sergej February 10, 2012 12:46AM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

Sergej
AhAhAhAhAwesomeeeee!! Ordered one today!

Superfly service, superfast delivery. Received it yesterday!
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by Mamaoval February 10, 2012 11:27PM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Can't WAIT to order it! Always wanted more Macro possibilities--thanks!

Sydney
Re: New Product Announcement - Macro Converters! posted by photosnod February 11, 2012 05:35AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

Keri just a short note, i notice that when the macro converters are installed on either of my lens bodies,that there is a little bit of play and the converters and optic will wobble slightly.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today