Latest Post

2 hours ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

Lens baby baby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lens baby baby posted by afghanimarine January 07, 2012 02:13AM reply | quote
posted by afghanimarine

I just got a Scout a few weeks ago, and I love it. All of the pics here are very inspiring and I want to do more...what would be the next LB lens that you would recommend I buy? I know it depends on what I want to shoot, but I just take pics to take pics and don't have a preference. I am just looking for something fun. I also travel to Afghanistan and other rugged places, so I need something fairly easy to adapt.
Re: Lens baby baby posted by BFCoughlin January 07, 2012 11:36AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
What I like about the Muse is that after one gets a feel for it (and that does take time) it becomes simply intuitive. Your fingers know where to go to get the photo you want. I have not used the Composer, so I can't compare it. but I find the Muse to be fluid and natural.
Re: Lens baby baby posted by Crabcakes January 09, 2012 02:24PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

I have used both Composer and Muse and I'm kind of old school and prefer the Muse.

It also occurs to me that if you are going to "Afghanistan and other rugged places", the Muse might be a bit more practical. The Composer and Composer Pro both utilize a ball and socket mechanism for bending. The Muse is basically like a piece of flexible tubing. Seems like the Composer arrangement might be more problematic in sandy/dusty environments as the sand/dust could conceivably get into the ball/socket joint and cause problems.

BFCoughlin is absolutely correct. The Muse style finger-focusing takes some getting used to and probably has a larger learning curve but the rewards are incredible. Once you get that muscle-memory tuned into your neural pathways the focusing becomes more second nature and natural.

But then I started with old-school bending so perhaps I'm biased. It's just what I know.

Hope this helps in your decision,

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today