Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by ughridk

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

My New Year's Resolution

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My New Year's Resolution posted by rannestad January 03, 2012 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Last summer I went to Tanzania and brought a 4x5" sheet film camera along. About 100 images were shot. Now I have started to develop the negatives which will be printed as palladiotypes.

I will document the process on retrofoto.dk. Hopefully I will compile the images into a Blurb book in 6-12 months.

And my New Year's Resolution is just that: Get the development done. It takes a lot of time:)

Have a nice day.

Bjorn

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 04:38AM by rannestad.
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by oliver tudoras January 03, 2012 10:18AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

like the image.....

wish you and your family all the best 4 2012

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by hebphoto January 03, 2012 11:53AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Hi Bjorn,
Great image takes me back to my darkroom days.
Comp & treatment wonderful
Regards Malcolm
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by Mamaoval January 04, 2012 03:01AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Looking forward to hearing about it (from time to time). Regards to you and your family--

Sydney
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by Duh_Vinci January 04, 2012 09:23AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing it through!

Regards,
D
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by TG-J (Admin) January 04, 2012 01:28PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Bjorn, Happy New Year.100 sheets , that's 10 boxes + chemicals + time , you could of bought a perfectly good digital camera for that amount :) . Keep up the good work. tony.

PS Had a dream the other night I was back in a Darkroom , Spent 1000s of hours in darkrooms. Come to think of it , it was more of a nightmare.:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 01:32PM by TG-J.
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by rannestad January 04, 2012 03:58PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you all of you. It's a long project, but I like it.

I am sorry that you had a nightmare about darkroom. I guess you have been doing that for years, so I kind of understand you. I am in the opposite situation. I did some darkroom 15 years ago, but not so much I got tired of it. Then 15 years after I got hooked. I love it.

Have a nice day.

Bjorn

Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by TG-J (Admin) January 04, 2012 08:11PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Bjorn for close to 10 years I was a Cibachrome Printer & an E6 technician. On a step ladder in total darkness hanging 3 meter lengths paper against a wall , holding it in place with magnets then projecting onto it with a 10x8 Durst , then feeding it into a 52" Kreonite processor. All done in total darkness. Yes , I was glad to get on the other end of the process. ie. Taking the shots , where I did my initial training as a photographic assistant. But I must agree with you there is magic in a B&W darkroom. I envy your enthusiasm. I wish I still had that passion.tony
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by rannestad January 05, 2012 04:02PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I totally understand why you aren't so eager after coming in the darkroom again? Since I don't have that background I love going in the darkroom. Did you see rumors about Kodak bankrupcy? Not good... But it is great that there are several other analog film manufacturers out there.

Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by francesco January 08, 2012 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by francesco
it sounds like an intense project!
never really worked in a darkroom, but it must be very exciting.
btw, really like the picture

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by rannestad January 08, 2012 07:59AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you francesco. You should try the darkroom:) Requires patience, lots of it.

Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by jffoto January 09, 2012 07:00AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Looks like a interesting project Bjorn, looking forward to see some images. I like the image.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by Crabcakes January 09, 2012 02:30PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Can't wait to see (more of) the results Bjorn.

I envy you your dedication. Something I'm having trouble finding these days....

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by rannestad January 11, 2012 05:39AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Johnny. I may have the dedication, but not the time:(

Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by RichB January 12, 2012 01:20AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bjorn,

I love this image -- and my best to you for the New Year and completing your project.

Rich
Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by rannestad January 17, 2012 04:48AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Rich.

I just wanted you all to know that I have printed a batch of images and some are on display at www.retrofoto.dk

Re: My New Year's Resolution posted by Lorna Taylor January 24, 2012 02:19AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Beautiful shot Bjorn, good luck on the project, you are off to a great start !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today