Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by rusteer

rims

view post

Wide angle/telephoto kit

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Wide angle/telephoto kit posted by BFCoughlin December 18, 2011 10:27AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
My son gave me a $100 gift certificate to LensBaby.com. I've been thinking of the wide angle/telephoto kit. I have a Muse and the macro kit now. Can any of you share your experiences--would this be a worthy investment? I've had the Muse for about a month, absolutely adore it. It hasn't been off the camera since I got it. There's something about manual focusing that I love: it makes me feel more involved in the process.
Re: Wide angle/telephoto kit posted by hebphoto December 19, 2011 06:48AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Hi BFCoughlin,
I have the tele/wide angle optics however I use it with the composer.
I find then a handy addition .
I sometimes use the telephoto with macro & Double glass when shooting closeup so as to be that little further away from subject .
I am fairly new to the Lensbaby however if you wish to go to my website www.malcolmheberlephotography.com.au then to Personal Collections Gallery then Lensbaby Images you can check out some images.
If you enlarge a image there will be a caption under the image this will tell you what Lensbaby equipment I used .
There are some images shot with Tele/wide angle .

Regards Malcolm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2011 06:51AM by hebphoto.
Re: Wide angle/telephoto kit posted by hebphoto December 19, 2011 07:08AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Adding to the above
There is also the Lensbaby Gallery on the Lensbaby site where you can select lens etc to see some wonderful images .
There is also a Lensbaby book ; Lensbaby Bending your Perspective by Corey Hilz ( Good Imfo)
If you do not have the macro lens then you can buy from Lensbaby a kit ; tele/wide + Macro + Creative Aperture
This would be the way I would go .

Regards Malcolm
Re: Wide angle/telephoto kit posted by BFCoughlin December 19, 2011 09:39AM reply | quote
posted by BFCoughlin
Thank you for your insight. I did check out your web site, and now I'm inspired! I ordered the wide angle/telephoto kit (I already have the macro kit.) Shipping was free AND there seems to be a general 10% discount, so I threw in the funky aperture discs, and it all came out to $99. I'm really having a good deal of fun with this...so many possibilities.
Re: Wide angle/telephoto kit posted by hebphoto December 19, 2011 09:58AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Great deal sounds like you will be keeping an eye out for the Postman .
Enjoy & have a great Christmas
Regards Malcolm

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today