Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Alone... In the dark...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Alone... In the dark... posted by Duh_Vinci November 14, 2011 06:39AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

My mini challenge to myself...

Suddenly, hands starting to itch a little to get an upgraded body for higher allowable ISO performance, but...

In reality, at the moment, it is a "want", not a "need"... So for the next 30 consecutive days, I will use only what I have, and exclusively, Lensbaby.

Alone... In the dark...

Regards,
D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 06:40AM by Duh_Vinci.
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by francesco November 14, 2011 04:49PM reply | quote
posted by francesco
lovely image, great composition and perfect exposure :)
love the clouds in the sky

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by TG-J (Admin) November 14, 2011 11:24PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

D, Be-U-Ti - Full. Is the D700 that much better than the D200? Yes & No. B&W @ 1600 0n a D2x looks like TriX . Colour on D700 is frustrating , blows the red channel really easily, doesn't take kindly to false profiles, Browns & reds get really blotchy , Raw has heavy processing- all to get hi iso I presume. Check out the Fuji S5, around 5-600 dollars, Great colour , ok to 800-1600, 13 stops dynamic range (great for muse shooting),I find with S5 I can push SF images around without tones separating , some thing not one of my 4 nikons can do. Skin tones are great & sunsets are a breeze,even with the sun in frame. My 2 bobs worth. Keep well. tony
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by jffoto November 14, 2011 11:30PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Beautiful image, I like the composition and tone a lot, well done work.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by Mamaoval November 15, 2011 09:05AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

The composition and sweep of the clouds is gorgeous, Duh_Vinci. . .

Sydney
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by Crabcakes November 16, 2011 01:47AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

WOW! instant fave.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by doro November 16, 2011 10:19PM reply | quote
posted by doro

excellent D, and also your decision! :-)

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by oliver tudoras November 21, 2011 01:19AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

excellent

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Alone... In the dark... posted by Duh_Vinci November 21, 2011 08:21AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Thank you all for the comments, appreciate it very much!

Tony, I've almost bought S5 sometime back, and for the reasons you have mentioned, but opted for Pentax K10D when it first came out. It doesn't have quite the DR of S5, but I can safely take it to 1600 in ok light, and no reservations to 800 in a dark settings with hand holdable to 1/8 sec due to IS/SR, so for low light, this is still very suitable for now...

D200 I mostly bought for AF accuracy, it is so precise, I love it still. I guess that my "want" was D700, I've have few friends with this FF body, and ISO 6400 is amazingly usable, plus the control over DOF. Still, just a want, not need =)

Regards,
D

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today