Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 "Two Bees"

view post

Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR posted by icsnoopy1984 October 18, 2011 10:09AM reply | quote
posted by icsnoopy1984
Will Lensbaby going to produce Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR?
I ask because I wanted to try using Nikon lens and play around. That should be fun

From,
Thomas (Malaysia)
Re: Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR posted by TG-J (Admin) October 18, 2011 03:29PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thomas I think Nikon lenses are designed to focus from the lens mount to the film plane, there for, there is not the room to put a tilt transformer between. The only way it could be done is to design one that accepted Medium format lenses eg. Mamiya 645 lenses ( they are pretty cheap these days). tony
Re: Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR posted by mrchurch June 05, 2013 09:42PM reply | quote
posted by mrchurch
Forgive me for my ignorance - but how do extension tubes work, then? Don't they also take the Nikon lens away from the sensor?
Re: Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR posted by TG-J (Admin) June 06, 2013 11:15PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Mike . I think Thomas was talking about the lenses working as normal lenses not Macros. As the tilt transformer does on a smaller format. tony
Re: Tilt Transformer for Nikon DSLR posted by Kirsten (Admin) June 18, 2013 05:27AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

We have no plans to make any more Tilt Transformers for any mount. It's not possible with our design to do SLR to SLR- just SLR to mirrorless.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today