Latest Post

14 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

In Memory...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

In Memory... posted by CMH October 06, 2011 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

Thank you for your inspiration... and how lucky I am to finally have a job I love...

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”

*Steve Jobs*

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by popquiz October 06, 2011 08:11AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Like many today, I found myself looking for words to memorialize the accomplishments that this man produced and the inspiration he instilled in many lives. And though much has been said, the best words that come forth, are the words spoken from the mouth of the man himself.

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by CMH October 06, 2011 10:03AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

Looking back on his life I have found many inspiring words... I'm 56 - it hit home.

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by Outback October 06, 2011 10:35AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

He was a visionary to be sure. It was the ease of use of Apple computers that led me into the Digital Age. To this day, my G3 Powerbook is the best computer I have ever used. It's a dinosaur by today's standards but brought back a ton of fond memories when I unboxed it for these shots.

I had forgotten about the "Think Different" ad campaign unitl it re-appeard in his death notice in last night's paper. I think it a fitting tribute to post one or two Lensbaby shots in his honor. I think there are probably more than a few LB users who understand how important it is to think differently...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: In Memory... posted by Mamaoval October 06, 2011 10:52AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Not everyone finds their passion in life, but he understood the joy that comes once you discover what fuels your sense of wonder.

Sydney
Re: In Memory... posted by CMH October 06, 2011 09:29PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

Nice thoughts all...
Outback - I had the same thought about "think different" applying to LB photographers. It absolutely applies to us and the way we shoot and see the world thru our LB lenses!

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by TG-J (Admin) October 06, 2011 11:16PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

I also was saddened,thought I would go looking for some of the mans humor.
This was the closest I could find, Nike CEO & Steve Jobs.

Mark Parker, president and CEO of Nike, via Fast Company's 30 Second MBA:
We had worked together on a Nike-Apple collaboration called Nike+. So we took what Apple knows and Nike knows, and brought new technology to the market. Anyway, long story short, he said, "Congratulations. It's great [that you've been named CEO]. You're going to do a great job." I said, "Well, do you have any advice?"
He said, "No, no, you're great." Then there was a pause. "Well, I do have some advice," he said. "Nike makes some of the best products in the world--products that you lust after, absolutely beautiful stunning products. But you also make a lot of crap."
He said, "Just get rid of the crappy stuff, and focus on the good stuff." And then I expected a little pause and a laugh. But there was a pause, and no laugh at the end.
Re: In Memory... posted by CMH October 07, 2011 12:49AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

That is priceless! It made me chuckle. But he's right! I've recently streamlined my product line and not only does it make me happier ~ I'm selling more! Focus on the great stuff makes sense! :)

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by denizen_9 October 07, 2011 11:14PM reply | quote
posted by denizen_9

very good posting!!!

sombody should start a thread posting Apple product taken w/ lensbaby in memory of Mr Jobs... it would be a good tribute to him... i'll start one soon when i have time...

lets post it!!!

[www.flickr.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by popquiz October 08, 2011 07:10AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Does it have to be Apple products? He was so much more, I had a NEXT machine at one point. does anyone else remember the old AppleTalk adapters?

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by RichB October 08, 2011 07:12AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Cindi,

A beautiful tribute to a profound individual!

Rich
Re: In Memory... posted by jffoto October 08, 2011 03:24PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Yes, he was unique - a beautiful tribute Cindi.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: In Memory... posted by CMH October 08, 2011 10:55PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

Thanks guys. And thanks for sharing all your thoughts as well. feel free to post your pix here if you'd like.
Glen - I didn't know about NEXT until I read a bio of Steve Jobs ~ interesting the things he did to get to where he was...

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by denizen_9 October 08, 2011 11:20PM reply | quote
posted by denizen_9

"innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower" -steve jobs

[www.flickr.com]
Re: In Memory... posted by TG-J (Admin) October 08, 2011 11:39PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Guys, this was also quite amusing.
[www.wrathofblog.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today