Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011

1 2 3 4 5

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 08:12AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

With a tip of the hat to Roland Waniek for his inspirational shot of the bartender earlier this week. Thanks Roland!

Midday Set Two

1. VFW (Veteran's of Foreign Wars) Post 1135
Hoquiam, Washington (USA)
ISO 800 1/30th second EV Normal
12:11 hrs

2. Same location
ISO 800 1/20th second EV Normal
12:11 hrs

3. Riverside Avenue Bridge - Hoquiam Washington
ISO 800 1/3200th second EV Normal
13:52 hrs

Midday Set Three

4. Patrons arrive for the annual Veteran's Day tribute by the Hoquiam High School Music Department.

5. Ushers awaiting the start of the concert.

6. Count Basie meets the Creative Aperture.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 11:36AM by Outback.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Duh_Vinci November 11, 2011 08:43AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Many great photos, and indeed a terrific way of capturing a our world "around the world"! Thank you all for sharing!

As much as I would have like to capture something that represents the actual theme, left for work - was dark, came home - already dark...

Look forward seeing everyone's photos!!!

Regards,
D
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Lucinity November 11, 2011 11:09AM reply | quote
posted by Lucinity

WOW! Those are all great images everyone! Here is my set. I spent the day working at the office, but I took two hours lunch break today and made it to the cemetary. Since today is Veteran's Day I thought this was the place to be for me personally.

All photos were taken at the Evergreen Washelli Cemetary in Seattle, WA, USA.
For some reason, I wasn't able to read the time when the photos were taken. Too bad, I wander which image was created on 11/11/11 at 11:11am... it was between 11am-12pm.

#1: ISO100, 1/50
#2: ISO100, 1/40
#3: ISO100, 1/50
#4: ISO125, 1/160
#5: ISO125, 1/100
#6: ISO125, 1/100
#7: ISO125, 1/140

Lucy
www.lucinity.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 11:20AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Lucy,

These are beautiful and a perfect comment on the day. I had wanted to make it to the cemetery but weather here turned horrific. I was hoping someone would do this... Thank you for posting them and taking part in today's shoot.

John

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 11:30AM by Outback.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Lucinity November 11, 2011 11:32AM reply | quote
posted by Lucinity

Outback
Lucy,

These are beautiful and a perfect comment on the day. I had wanted to make it to the cemetery but weather here turned horrific. I was hoping someone would do this... Thank you for posting them adn taking part in today's shoot.

John

Thanks John! The weather has changed so many times here today; I started shooting with the wind, and half way through it started to rain heavily. It was a challenge to shoot with the umbrella tucked in my armpit, but overall it was a great experience. I didn't think of going there until this morning on my way to work.
I really enjoy all those wonderful images here! Amazing sets!

Lucy
www.lucinity.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 11:34AM by Lucinity.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 12:36PM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Parting shot.

The sun slips over the horizon and the sidewalks roll up nice and neat. My day is done. The shop manager chased me off when I was taking this last set. Apparently good intentions and a smile are not enough after dark...even with a Lensbaby. People need light to feel secure.

Thanks for participating. I look forward to seeing what others post!

Till then, I'm Outback...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 03:18PM by Outback.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by DMacDzigns November 11, 2011 12:38PM reply | quote
posted by DMacDzigns

11 for 11.11.11

1. My little nephew, all grown up. Proudly serving this country in Afghanistan. I am most proud of him on this Veterans Day.

2. iPad 1

3. I worked today. Talk about a slow day. Couldn't wait to grab that Lensbaby.

4. Hit a yard sale at lunch. Nothing is more American than Lincoln Logs & Tinker Toys. Great Find.

5. Surfing the web.

6. Drive home. Sunset on Buelow Lake

7. A single plane in the evening sky.

8. Huge American Flag, lit for the night.

9. People headed home across the bridge.

10. Home at last. A rather odd shot of my kitchen window. The red and green colors are reflections of the stop light on the corner. A slow shutter speed caught them all.

11. And last, Number 11. Nameless, Faceless persons on my coffee table. On this day, I see the Solder all the persons left behind when he leaves for war. May God bless them and keep them all.

Thanks to all for letting me capture this historic day with the Lensbaby. Night to all.

DMacDzigns / www.DMacDzigns.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by glojo1 November 11, 2011 01:41PM reply | quote
posted by glojo1

I enjoyed taking many photos today 11-11-11. I hope you like some of the ones I have selected. I am enjoying viewing all of the posting.

"Photography has become a passion I want to nourish."

Gloria
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by donnaolm November 11, 2011 02:44PM reply | quote
posted by donnaolm

It was another successful fundraiser for our High School Orchestra. Wonderful event - it's like prom for the whole family. We have attendees ranging from toddlers to Great Grandparents. It's wonderful to see all these young people dressed up and actually waltzing.

I struggle to find sharp focus in such dim lighting so I turned my attention to the strings of lights since it was the only thing I could see clearly in the dark gymnasium. I worked on getting pleasing bokeh and shapes that hinted at the movement of the dancers. I did get some clearer shots but to respect the privacy of the young ones at the dance I chose to only post the blurred faces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 02:09PM by donnaolm.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by waniek November 11, 2011 05:16PM reply | quote
posted by waniek

My pleasure, Outback! I might have been lucky to get one quite allright, but yours are all outstanding!
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by pathography November 11, 2011 07:22PM reply | quote
posted by pathography

My afternoon was quite boring, so I went for a pint and took a few then. The last one was shot at 11:11pm, I figured that counts as well--
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by David Morel November 11, 2011 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Loving all the pictures!

Here are my last two groups of photos. It appears I chose the Triptych format for presenting mine without really planning it!

There are two...Tennis and Soccer. I played tennis at my club yesterday and shot the images. Then, last night, I shot some at my son's soccer game. They are playing in the State Tournament and he scored the 2 goals in their 2-0 win!

All images in these two series, except for the obvious Fisheye, were shot with the Control Freak...

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by TG-J (Admin) November 11, 2011 11:08PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Sorry to repost this one , rebuilt the Pano using the bits I wanted to use, not leaving it up to Photoshop to decide what goes & what stays.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 12, 2011 12:53AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

These are cooler than ice. Thanks to everyone who has submitted so far!

Keep them coming :)

I just love when plan comes together.

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hp November 12, 2011 02:06AM reply | quote
posted by hp

*We should do this more often*....some realy nice and inspiring pictures! Love the pub shots, love the tennis triptichs, love the panorama's....well i love all pics!!!! Makes me wish i could have my eyes replaced with a lensbaby.

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by MarieJ November 12, 2011 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by MarieJ

In the afternoon of the 11.11.11, coming home after work, I took one of my walks on the beach and out on the bridge. Here are some of the pictures from that day, it was between 3pm-4pm (local Swedish time).
All images taken with the plastic optic.

Take care
Marie

[www.mariejonsson.com]
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hp November 13, 2011 12:11AM reply | quote
posted by hp

Again,...Nice!

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by francesco November 13, 2011 01:54AM reply | quote
posted by francesco
wow! such an amazing collection of pictures!
I think the LB team may be proud of our work. :)
May I suggest that a photo gallery may be set up here on the site collecting all, or almost all, the pictures of this thread?

In any case, back to mine 111111.
I took a day off from work and as soon as my wife discovered it I had in my hand a list of "things to do" that occupied me till noon. :P
Except the first four pics, the set goes from noon to about 5PM. In these 5 hours have walked in the streets of Milano, shooting everything caught my eye (only 115 pictures...).
It has been really funny walking like a tourist in "my" town during a working day, and the day was beautifully sunny, despite the cloudy morning.

all the pictures were taken with the Composer and Double Glass (my favourite optic) with 2.8 aperture ring.

thanks for looking and hope you'll enjoy them.

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by DMacDzigns November 13, 2011 02:33AM reply | quote
posted by DMacDzigns

Excellent work francesco. Each photo tells a story.

DMacDzigns / www.DMacDzigns.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by parne November 13, 2011 03:16AM reply | quote
posted by parne
Lots of great pictures. Havent commented any yet, but added some to favorites.

Here is my pics from 111111. For some reason its 11.

Right now we are trying too help mother nature to make winter here in the north of Sweden. The work is wet and cold and not good to camera equipment. I dared not carry the camera during work, but stayed a while after quitting my shift and went around to try to catch the feeling of (manmade) winter coming.

The crew pics are Sweet35 in Composer Pro and the rest is Scout whith Fisheye, most of them bracketted 5 exp and run trough HDRefex Pro.

Great idea whith 111111. Will we do 121212 next year?
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by parne November 13, 2011 03:20AM reply | quote
posted by parne
To Gloria

Nice pictures. Really like the feeling in #5

/parne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 03:23AM by parne.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by wsphotodesign November 13, 2011 03:57AM reply | quote
posted by wsphotodesign

I photographed at the Denver Zoo between 3:30 and 4:30 pm. Minimal retouching - just took out a few reflections and adjusted the colors to my liking...these are some of my favorites.

Composer Pro with Sweet 35

Wendi Schneider Photography & Design
[www.wsphotodesign.com]
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 04:46AM by wsphotodesign.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by wsphotodesign November 13, 2011 04:49AM reply | quote
posted by wsphotodesign

These are really beautiful, MarieJ. Quite haunting. Love your avatar as well.

Love the garlic, duh_vinci!

Wendi Schneider Photography & Design
[www.wsphotodesign.com]
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 04:51AM by wsphotodesign.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 13, 2011 05:34AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

This thread is turning into an amazing slice of history. Thanks again to everyone who is participating!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 09:13AM by Outback.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by glojo1 November 13, 2011 07:36AM reply | quote
posted by glojo1

Thank You parne.

Gloria
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by glojo1 November 13, 2011 07:39AM reply | quote
posted by glojo1

I am loving all of the photos everyone has shared. This is so cool.

Gloria
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hebphoto November 13, 2011 07:48AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Marie J
Love your set of images
Regards Malcolm
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hebphoto November 13, 2011 07:51AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Daivid , Francesco , Parne and everyone
Great images well done
REgards Malcolm
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Lucinity November 13, 2011 08:17AM reply | quote
posted by Lucinity

I really enjoy seeing all those images. It's great to see what everyone was up to on that day, how different our lives are. Great shots everyone! :)

Lucy
www.lucinity.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by MarieJ November 13, 2011 04:10PM reply | quote
posted by MarieJ

Wendi and Malcolm, thanks for your nice comments.

I agree with all of you that this is an fantastic way of sharing and getting new friends around the world :-) and all this because of our passion for photo and LB.

Take care
Marie

[www.mariejonsson.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 04:11PM by MarieJ.
1 2 3 4 5

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today