Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011

1 2 3 4 5

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by TG-J (Admin) November 09, 2011 11:01PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month is when Australian Diggers stop to remember fallen comrades, It is Remembrance Day.tony
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Crabcakes November 09, 2011 11:47PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Also Veterans Day in the US.

The Sun is rising for the Kiwis....any minute now....

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2011 11:48PM by Crabcakes.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Crabcakes November 09, 2011 11:51PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Found this on the net:

Day and Night World Map

Helpful if you're like me and sometimes just can't wrap your head around the whole Time Zone/International Date Line thing.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by TG-J (Admin) November 10, 2011 04:16AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Suns up here, unfortunately my eyes won't stop watering. tony
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by parne November 10, 2011 06:47AM reply | quote
posted by parne
Count me in, if its not to late (the last 15 minutes before the day begins over here).
It's a working day for me but the weather seems to be nice so I'll bring the camera and try to find time too dokument/create something.

/parne
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by CMH November 10, 2011 09:57AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

Oh! Raising my hand! So glad I just happened upon this again for the date! Thanks!
Cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 10, 2011 10:42AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Welcome aboard parne! And hello again Cindi :)

It's show time.

Camera batteries charged <check>
Composer <check>
Optics cleaned <check>
Adjuncts <check>
Apertures, Creative Apertures <check and check>
Roger, ready to move out...

Oooo almost forgot. Weather forecast...

Arrgghh! Local Forecast: 'West southwest wind between 9 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.'

Ohhhh maaaaaaaaaaan! So much for me artfully rendering tomorrow's clam dig! LOL the story of my life. Hmmm, I wonder what my big toe looks like throguh a Lensbaby Composer?

It's bending the known that we live for.

Happy shooting everyone!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by francesco November 10, 2011 03:07PM reply | quote
posted by francesco
took a day off from work today.
when I woke up (around 6 am) it was a beautiful foggy morning, but now it's just a dull day! :(.
My new car just arrived today and it's brilliant red, so some color at least.
good work to all.
just a question: how we will upload the pictures? should a new thread be created or should we upload on this one?

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hp November 10, 2011 05:06PM reply | quote
posted by hp

May i suggest posting here? I thought i would revisit my reason for buying my lenbaby int he first place, our daughter born jan. 2010. Here playing with her toy farm, those goats always up to no good...

Leiden, Netherlands, 10:02:15 hrs.

Shot at the coffeetable at home with Lensbaby composer, with double glass optic no apperture disk, AV -2/3 exp, shot in RAW 800 iso and converted to jpeg with photoshop (just some minor colour, WB,Saturation, vibrance,blacks correction, sharpening and noise reduction)

Ooooh, am i the first to post?

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 05:57PM by hp.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by David Morel November 10, 2011 08:32PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

yes you are Harm, and a good one to start!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hp November 10, 2011 08:36PM reply | quote
posted by hp

thanks!

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by David Morel November 10, 2011 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Here is my first hour's images...

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by TG-J (Admin) November 10, 2011 10:10PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Today was Remembrance Day. Trouble was I forgot I had to be somewhere, so I had to stop.
All LB0 & wide thingy. Last one an 8 frame pano with LBO. tony.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by David Morel November 10, 2011 10:26PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Love the crosses and the pano!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by TG-J (Admin) November 10, 2011 10:32PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks David . What I I didn't say, I had 6 goes at the pano.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Mamaoval November 10, 2011 11:07PM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Great images, Tony!

Sydney
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 12:38AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Harm,

I agree. I was over thinking the concept. I think it's a good idea to post here as well. It seems to be what we are off to and the simplest plan.

Great start everyone!

This looks to be a really fun project and I look forward to seeing it progress. Don't limit yourself to a dozen pics. Whatever you think works is the plan of the day.

Go Team.

SET 1 - Early Morning
Lensbaby Composer/DGO/F2.0

0650 hrs
Hoquiam, Washington (USA)
First photo of the day - my truck console as I warm up the engine.
ISO 1600/0.6 second

0702 hrs
Port of Grays Harbor, (Washington State, USA)
Tugboat steaming for the ocean.
ISO 400 1/80 second EV-2

0703 hrs
Looking East from the Port of Grays Harbor Viewing Tower, pre-sunrise (Washington State, USA)
ISO 100 1/250 second EV-2

0734 hrs
Aberdeen, Washington (USA)
Sunrise behind Grays Harbor Transit #40 to Olympia
ISO 100 1/320 second EV Normal

0745 hrs (Aberdeen, Washington, USA)
A Boy Scout from Troop #5 places a US Flag streetside in rememberance of Veteran's Day.
ISO 100 1/60 second EV-2

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 11:33AM by Outback.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 01:05AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Harm, Tony & David -

What a great kick-off to the day! All beautiful photos and exactly what I was hoping for. These really set the tone for the project. Thanks all... keep em coming!

A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User. Are you in?

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by saskwatch November 11, 2011 03:14AM reply | quote
posted by saskwatch
I was thinking of going out to get a shot. What thread will they all be posted on?
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 04:43AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

For now hang them here.... you have until November 30th. We may build a master album into a stand alone thread at that time. Good shooting!

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hp November 11, 2011 04:55AM reply | quote
posted by hp

Thanks, and nice imgages all. It would be nice if the dear moderators would be so kind to dedicate a page to the endresult, or otherwise we'd have to start a flickr group or so and get people to resend their images. Or is it possible to turn this into a movie somehow?

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Mamaoval November 11, 2011 05:25AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Hello everyone--Intended to go straight to the Veteran's Day parade, but got side-tracked by this dog ensconced on an old sofa;

Cheered for my school's Drill Team--Then headed home.

Sydney
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 05:30AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Syd, they are all good but the first is outstanding!

John

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Outback November 11, 2011 05:39AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Notes to follow

Mid-day

Weather has turned foul.

1) Line crew attempting to install a tsunami warning siren. Called due to rain.

2-4 Emerson Manor (Hoquiam, WA)

5) Mary tells me to take her picture.

6) Debbie takes shelter from the storm with her Marlboros and Trolli candies. She tells me that she has already had two beers but isn't homeless. We visit for twenty minutes or so and I move on... (Cross Process)

Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by RhondaInMA November 11, 2011 06:28AM reply | quote
posted by RhondaInMA

I actually enjoyed this project today. It gave me reason to be up and shooting at sunrise. I am also finding it very interesting to see how others spent their day. Beautiful shots everyone!

~ Rhonda
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by hebphoto November 11, 2011 06:30AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Rhonda ,
Love the images you sure had a great day

Regards Malcolm
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Digitalis November 11, 2011 06:32AM reply | quote
posted by Digitalis

Nice pictures everyone!

Here's my contribution, I chose this subject because in Holland the 11th of November is the day of a seasonal event; 'St Maarten/St Martin's day' (for info., click: [en.wikipedia.org] ) on the evening of St. Martins day children go around their neighbourhood carrying a paper lantern, they ring the bell to their neighbours houses, when someone opens they sing a song about St. Martin and as a reward the get some candy or fruit, a bit like trick or treating on the evening of Halloween (a tradition that is not practised in Holland by the way) but without the spooky costumes.

With these pictures I tried to capture the atmosphere of the twilight (a time off the day wich I love; in between dark and light) as well as the festive atmosphere that the lanterns bring about.
I used a big apperture (f/2.5), not only because of the lack of light but also to create an extra soft and dreamy effect, I think the shuttertime that I used on these pictures was 1/125 and ISO 1600 (I'll take a look later to see if this is correct).
The pictures were taken at about 18.50 local time, I will check on the exact time later and will also see if I will want to contribute more pictures, I'm a bit tired now and wasn't really sure wich ones to pick, but really wanted to submit some pictures right away because of my enthousiasm about this project :D

I would have liked to shoot some more different pictures today since I love the concept of this project, but I simply did not get to it, I had a busy day today, I'm looking forward to see what the others have shot!

***Painting with light is the sweetest delight***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 06:35AM by Digitalis.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Mike Bokeh November 11, 2011 06:41AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

This is the Flight 587 memorial. Flight 587 crashed into the Queens neighborhood of Belle Harbor 10 years ago on November 12th, 2001.
[en.wikipedia.org]

All photos taken with a Lensbaby 3G and shot at f4.0.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 08:07AM by Mike Bokeh.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by waniek November 11, 2011 07:01AM reply | quote
posted by waniek

Speed, Birds, Mystic House, Traffic Jam on my way to work...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 07:43AM by waniek.
Re: A Day in the Life of the Lensbaby User - DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2011 posted by Mamaoval November 11, 2011 07:01AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

Great authenticity in the picture of 'Debbie', John--So interesting to see how the day unfolds for everyone. Will check back to see more!

Sydney
1 2 3 4 5

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today