Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: 2E245

view post

What would you like to see Lensbaby make next?

1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Joe Nation May 08, 2012 11:10PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

I just thought of something else. How about a little adaptor that allows you to mount regular SLR lenses on the front of a Control Freak in place of the optic, turning the Control Freak into a macro bellows. All you'd need is a ring with a male Optic Swap bayonet on one side and a female lens bayonet on the other. Obviously you'd need all the normal mountings like EOS, Nikon, Pentax K, 4/3rds, etc.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by intjonmiller May 14, 2012 01:43PM reply | quote
posted by intjonmiller
I'm really surprised to see that you guys haven't made a tilt/shift lens already. It seems like such a perfect fit!

Mind you there are two different categories that could sell well: 1) Affordable one of decent quality for real estate photography (not talking about Architectural Digest here; mostly just web listings and flyers) so we don't have to spend all day correcting in Photoshop/Lightroom/Aperture/etc. for the crooked verticals. 2) One that doesn't have the same "high" quality as #1, and more closely matches the "toy camera" aesthetic that is so fun and so closely associated with Lens Baby. I'd say interchangeable optics would be appropriate.

There are NO affordable tilt/shift options out there, and the few options that exist are medium or large format (generally requiring the use of tremendously expensive backs or scanning film with the inherently slow workflow and high costs involved there), and/or aren't very wide. This is particularly problematic for users of cropped-sensor cameras. A 16 or 18mm (24 to 27/28 mm equivalent on cropped sensor bodies) with shift would be phenomenally helpful. Adding tilt would complicate the design but would open it up to an even larger market.

I, for one, would pay $500 for such a lens. (Yes, that is much more affordable than any other available options and if it is done as wide as I've described then there are almost no other options much less affordable ones.

Fingers crossed...
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by bigtalljohn May 21, 2012 06:44AM reply | quote
posted by bigtalljohn

I would like some way of swapping my 3g for a control freak as I cant use optic swap
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Joe Nation May 22, 2012 05:40PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Ebay?
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Lorna Taylor May 24, 2012 11:49PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

A pop up shade for the edge 80 so I can add filters and a polarizer to it. Please !

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by afahmid November 06, 2012 08:12PM reply | quote
posted by afahmid
A zoom lens.
1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today