Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by jffoto

On the other side

view post

What would you like to see Lensbaby make next?

1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Joe Nation August 15, 2011 07:12PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Purely hypothetically speaking, what new products would you like to see from the Lensbaby stable?

An affordable tilt-shift lens with mounts for all DSLRs would be wonderful, preferably in the 85-135mm range. The optic would have to have to have a flat focal plane though.

And how about some new 21mm, 85mm and 135mm optics, so we can have a range of focal lengths in one body without resorting to dioptre lenses. And maybe a 50mm with the same iris as the Sweet 35 (the Nifty 50?).

I'd also love to see a bokeh-tastic f/1 or f/0.9 optic. Not sure how feasible that would be without redesigning the bodies to allow for a larger aperture though.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by hp August 15, 2011 07:38PM reply | quote
posted by hp

A sweet 16 optic (with short minimum focus distance)would make me so happy, I would probably throw a sweet 16 party for it!

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 07:43PM by hp.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by TG-J (Admin) August 16, 2011 12:15AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

A clip on collar for the Composer Pro that would turn it into a Virtual Scout for the SF optic.

Not that I have a Composer yet , but it would sure help me make up my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 12:18AM by TG-J.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by hp August 18, 2011 03:18AM reply | quote
posted by hp

Oh and a simple one, a shade/hood for the sweet 35 would be nice...it would also be great for the 0,6 wide adapter (same thread)....

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 03:20AM by hp.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by BARONDLA August 24, 2011 03:04PM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

A holder for the ap discs that allow one at a time to be removed, without spreading the rest all over the ground.
thanks
barondla
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by hp August 24, 2011 05:37PM reply | quote
posted by hp

oh yeah, VOTE!, nice disk shaped dispenser or so....indeed the current tool is not very practical, already lost original set + CA set no.1....

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by BARONDLA August 24, 2011 09:10PM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Closeup lenses and ultrawide attachment for Sweet 35. For my shooting on Cropped cameras, find the 35 too limiting to use much. Almost always end up not wide enough or not close enough and have to change back to original optics.
thanks
barondla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 09:22PM by BARONDLA.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by ndroo August 25, 2011 10:42PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Colorful lensbabies! :D

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Crabcakes September 08, 2011 06:40AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

A bionic, prosthetic eye that can switch optics, apertures and accessories at the speed of thought so I'll never miss another shot....
...like that time I was walking the dog in winter at night and a flock of snow geese went cruising and honking across the mist-covered moon right over the top of that old oak tree....
....{sigh}....

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Crabcakes September 08, 2011 06:40AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Guess I'll have to wait a little while for that one...

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Nunsofanarchy September 08, 2011 09:04PM reply | quote
posted by Nunsofanarchy

Another vote for a decent aperture dispenser but I would also like a variety of focal length adjustable aperture optics in the same vein as the sweet 35, a 50mm and a 16mm would be nice

--------------------------------------------
See my Photos @ [www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 09:05PM by Nunsofanarchy.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by KBURN September 10, 2011 06:43AM reply | quote
posted by KBURN
I 2nd the Clip collar to make the Composer into a "Scout".

More "Sweet" lenses in various focal lengths... a Sweet 50? :D
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by fotoingenio September 10, 2011 11:10AM reply | quote
posted by fotoingenio

Autofocus!!! :D
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Bullyliebe September 10, 2011 05:56PM reply | quote
posted by Bullyliebe

What about a filter set?
sepia filter, several color filters, polaririzer filter, ...
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by esmond September 10, 2011 07:05PM reply | quote
posted by esmond
how about a composer or scout with an adjustable aperture in it? Then you can pop any optic in it and adjust the aperture manually - no playing around with separate aperture disks
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by ScottM September 11, 2011 02:19PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

the sweet 35 aperture ring to be tighter so that when turning a polarizer it wont turn also changing your exposure
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Craig (Admin) September 16, 2011 04:24AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Okay, who sent y'all my research project list?

Great ideas. We're listening.

Craig
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by parne September 16, 2011 07:17AM reply | quote
posted by parne
Lots of good ideas out there.

I'd like to see an optic something "Sweet-Style", portrait focal-length for fullframe, lets say somewhere 85-105 mm(not a zoom though) and I wouldn't mind a aperture around 4 to keep size down, if it's not negative to the blur around the Sweet-Spot.

I like the Sweet 16 idea, but will be very pleased whith 24 or 20 :D

Next would be an optic whith flat focal plane in the range 35 or 50 for fullframe for us who not yet have a camera to fit the tilt-transformer on. Not shure if it should be "Sweet-Style" or allow the use of Creaps.

Anyway, something whorth considering for us babeoholics, not yet ready for rehab, is some kind of subscription-system so we don't have to order every time new stuff is announced ;D.

Keep up the good work!
parne
Sweden
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Mamaoval September 17, 2011 01:58AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

A Lensbaby with stronger telephoto capabilities. :)

Sydney
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by rannestad September 21, 2011 03:09AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

If this is the place to come with wishes, here are mine:

-A flat field of focus lens with internal aperture (like the sweet 35) which is compatible with the muse. The muse is the best lens house. You can find lots of alternatives for tilt-shift, but a quick-focusing, manipulate-as-you-like lens like the muse do not exist out there. Should be compatible with full-frame.

-A lens with a curved field of focus, but more corrected than the double glass and sweet 35. I am thinking of something equivalent to the petzvaal lenses of the 19th century. The swirling bokeh of these lenses are awesome. Here are some examples:
Example 1
Example 2
example 3
Off course this lens should be compatible with the muse and full frame.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 03:10AM by rannestad.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by TG-J (Admin) September 26, 2011 11:26PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Maybe chipped LBs that allow metering on entry level DSLRs, it would be a very simple chip, no compensations for stopping down. I see a lot of posts about people having trouble metering with certain cameras.tony
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by hp September 27, 2011 05:03AM reply | quote
posted by hp

A distance scale for focusing on the composer might be handy...

Harm
[www.kujaja.com]
[500px.com] [jpgmag.com]
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by donnaolm October 06, 2011 03:05PM reply | quote
posted by donnaolm

What I would like to see is lightly padded pea pod like case containing about 3 optic compartments with individual Velcro access points along the length of the case. Something I can slip into my larger gear bag or backpack. I think it would reduce the juggling act when I'm hunting for the optic/accessory I need.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by popquiz October 06, 2011 09:39PM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

I know we have software that can create panoramic images, but I'd like to see a Lensbaby in the optic swap system can provide a panoramic image with manual apertures and provides bokeh only at the edges

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by erniepike March 10, 2012 04:41AM reply | quote
posted by erniepike
I am jumping back into photograph after 12+ year hiatus, when I put up my SLR, digital was just on the horizon. I told myself then that a digital sensor would negate the need for mirrors and prisms to see what the lens sees; I didn’t think it would take this long for the industry and/or consumers to catch up.
I just ordered an Olympus M43 camera and am thinking about a lens collection. I still have my Canon EOS film stuff but wanted something better suited to ultra light backpacking type of activities.

Things I would like to see from lensbaby would be:
A Micro 4/3 mount.
I’m thinking of getting a m43 to EOS adapter so I will likely get the EOS lensbaby if they don’t make a M43 soon, wondering how that would work with the aperture in the adapter? (Unrelated, how effective are aperture adapters as EOS lenses don’t have control rings? Does it matter that it isn’t in the right part of the lens? I’m half tempted to sell my good old glass and get direct mount new stuff.)

A shift lens body, this could be done with the Muse or Control Freak, but something that keeps the lens and sensor parallel would be nice.

A larger variety of focal lengths with adjustable aperture optics like the sweet 35 or edge 80 say a 25ish (43“normal”), 40-60mm (43“portrait” FF“normal”, not a zoom just fixed in that range), the 12mm fish-eye would be a 24mm eq in 43 and a nice wide lens but not a FE, how about a 6 or 8 mm. All opening up to f 1.3, well this is a wish list.
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Craig (Admin) March 10, 2012 07:19AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi, Ernie.

Welcome back to the world of creative photography.

Thanks for the suggestions. While we have a Conposer Pro for m43 coming out at the end of March, I think your plan of getting an EOS to m43 adapter may be your most attractive solution, leaving you open to use your Lensbaby on your film bodies when you get the itch to do so.

Let us know what you do. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by photosnod March 11, 2012 06:03AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

Something in the realm of telephoto so we can zoom these babies for those hard to reach places. Double glass zoomed in now that's sweet. Never mind 35mm
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by photosnod March 11, 2012 06:06AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

A lensbaby brand teleconverter hmmmm sounds just as easy as it was to create the macro converters.
If you build it, they will buy!
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by photosnod March 11, 2012 06:37AM reply | quote
posted by photosnod

How about an app for our smartphones with a mobile version of this sight and better mobile friendly shopping
Re: What would you like to see Lensbaby make next? posted by Victoria Bell March 15, 2012 03:11PM reply | quote
posted by Victoria Bell

I would like a bigger bag with the same type of organization as the small bag. I'd like to keep all my lb gear neatly together.

I'd also LOVE to have a collar to center the composer/composer pro.

My Flickr Photostream
1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today