Latest Post

34 minutes ago by strelar

The Scream

view post

Where to put the Fisheye

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Where to put the Fisheye posted by Hermie July 23, 2011 03:39AM reply | quote
posted by Hermie
I bought the Scout (with fisheye optic) and the Composer Pro and the three optics.

I have the systembag also but when i'm using another optic then the fisheye i can't store the lens! It doesn't fit in the plastic store (or how do you call these ;)).

Also another thing i'm missing is another lenscap. Why isn't there a lenscap in the optic kit. I don't use the fisheye all the time but when shooting with another optic, i don't have a lenscap.

What do you do to protect the fisheye optic (when you don't use it)? How do you store it?

When you use another optic what you use to protect the lens from dust when fitted to the camera?
Re: Where to put the Fisheye posted by Craig (Admin) July 23, 2011 07:32AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

The fisheye will go into the optic storage cups front first. The rear element will be in the dome of the storage cup cap/removal tool.

Regarding the lens cap, if you did not get a front Fisheye lens cap with your Scout with Fisheye, call Customer Happiness at 971.223.5662 and we'll send you one. There is no rear lens cap for the Fisheye optic.

When changing your optic either remove your Lensbaby from your camera first or keep your Lensbaby pointed straight ahead or down to minimize dust.

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Where to put the Fisheye posted by Hermie July 23, 2011 07:06PM reply | quote
posted by Hermie
Thanx Craig for the response.
I get it now :lol. I was wondering why the fisheye lenscap wasn't fitting in the removal tool.

Great thanx (why didn't I thought of that).

With lenscap I mean something else....

With the composer pro with double glass optic lens there came a lenscap with it....
If the fisheye isn't mounted into the scout but (let's say) with the plastic optic lens, then I don't have an extra lenscap.

I'm gonna order an extra one but i was wondering why there isn't a lenscap for the optic lens kit like there was with the composer pro (with double glass optic).

I have to change to fisheye optic lens every time i want to store the lenses so i don't get dust into the optic mounted into the scout.

Don't get me wrong here... I LOVE the lenses and what I can do with them, there isn't any lens that can do what lensbaby lenses can!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 03:26AM by Hermie.
Re: Where to put the Fisheye posted by Hermie July 25, 2011 03:28AM reply | quote
posted by Hermie
When you buy optic lenses one by one they all have a lenscap, why not the optic kit?

Just a question that came to mind.
Re: Where to put the Fisheye posted by Craig (Admin) July 25, 2011 05:24AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

The 37mm lens cap does not come with the individual optics. When the double glass optic is in it's storage cup with cap on, the lens cap is available to use with your plastic optic. Not sure if understanding your dilemma, especially as it relates to the Fisheye lens cap. Let me know what I'm missing is what you're after.
Re: Where to put the Fisheye posted by Joe Nation July 25, 2011 05:13PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Sounds to me like the OP has a Scout/Fisheye (with FE cap), and an optic set. So the three optics are in their jars, and he has no 37mm cap for when he puts one in the Scout.
Re: Where to put the Fisheye posted by Hermie July 25, 2011 05:59PM reply | quote
posted by Hermie
Joe Nation
Sounds to me like the OP has a Scout/Fisheye (with FE cap), and an optic set. So the three optics are in their jars, and he has no 37mm cap for when he puts one in the Scout.

There you go...

Sorry for my bad English... But I'm Dutch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 06:00PM by Hermie.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today