Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by Terri

Re: November walk

view post

tilt tansformer and composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

tilt tansformer and composer posted by aphoto July 21, 2011 12:38AM reply | quote
posted by aphoto
I am confused about attaching the composer, which gives you a circular sweet spot, to a tilt transformer, which give a slash of focused area across the photo. How do these 2 work together, seems like you would get a circle of focus and a slash of focus on the same image.
thanks joanlvh
Re: tilt tansformer and composer posted by Joe Nation July 21, 2011 01:04AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Not really, but I know what you mean. The TT with a normal lens gives a slice of focus when tilted. But straight ahead it will be all in focus (as if the TT wasn't there). If you fit a Composer, with for example a double glass optic, and leave it pointing straight ahead you'll get a round sweet spot of focus in the centre of the frame. Tilt the lens and the sweet spot moves around the frame (towards the direction you tilted). I'm not sure how it works, but it's cool :)
Re: tilt tansformer and composer posted by picnic July 21, 2011 10:02PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
The tilt transformer is just an adapter, not a lens, thus you must use a lens with it. If you choose to use a Nikkor F mount you will tilt to shoot with a different plane of focus, thus the "slice" which will be larger or smaller depending upon the aperture chosen. If you add the Front Focus instead it will act essentially like a Composer (I have one of these also and the TT/FF combo) allowing you to use the inserted disk to conrol aperture and will have all the attributes of the Composer. You will be able to use all the optics except the FE. The tilt adapter just allows you to move the lens or Front Focus on a ball, it has no "glass", no ability to use it by itself.

Hope this helps. I have taken the same subject with both that show the difference if I can find them and post.

Diane

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today