Latest Post

15 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Bucket of Crabs

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Bucket of Crabs posted by trexpixx July 03, 2011 03:21PM reply | quote
posted by trexpixx

I did not know crabs were carnivores, file that under I learn something new everyday. Since my incarceration of body, I have missed the slice of life that comes with photography. Many times, I have mentioned the joys of low tide at sunset (hence my avatar) and I have seen many children and adults catching crabs in the tidal pools but I thought this was funny. I walked over a string in the water and one end was staked to the sand and the other end was under water tied to a hotdog. The children told me it was bait for the clams and I quizzed them on their strategy. I turned around to the parent's and asked if it was an old wives tale and they assured me it was not. They did have a bucket full of crabs.
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by Superthor July 03, 2011 04:16PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Interesting....for fishing small coast crabs,in the waterfront zone,we use a string with a clothespin,and use à mussleshell as bait.
When crab walks up on mussleshell,pull up,one crab caught!
Of course,you must see your bait all the time.

Yes,i done this as a kid,in Skagerack.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by RichB July 03, 2011 11:24PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Wow! Very nice series and story to go with it. I especially like the third image for its composition and lighting.

Rich
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by oliver tudoras July 04, 2011 07:19PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

an interesting and beautiful set

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by Mark Wade July 12, 2011 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Such wonderfully created mood...how I view the shoreline...full of magic and adventure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 01:00AM by Mark Wade.
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by trexpixx July 12, 2011 04:42AM reply | quote
posted by trexpixx

Mark Wade
Such wonderfully created mood...how I view the shoreline...full of magic and adventure
Oh it sure is, however the most magical nights are the full moon, sunset at low tide. The tides are exaggerated and this little place I go, you can get the glow of sunset and moon rise at the same time. Heaven on earth!

Thanks to all for the positive comments.
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by Duh_Vinci July 12, 2011 05:42AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Somehow, not at all what I was expecting from the title, however, a very pleasant surprise! #4 is just pure majestic! #3 is a wonderful photo as well, amazing light and how the subjects are presented in these scenery!

Regards,
D
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by jffoto July 13, 2011 05:16AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Beautiful series, I really like the mood and colors, my fave is the last one - well done work!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Bucket of Crabs posted by TG-J (Admin) July 13, 2011 07:54AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Lovely Images, captures the magic of low tides & a childhood fascination. tony

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today