Lensbaby Studio Forums

Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by russmorris June 19, 2011 01:39AM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

I'm lovin' the Composer/Sweet 35 combo on my Pentax K10D. I'd love to use a similar set-up on my Panny GF1. Is this what I'm looking for? [bit.ly]

The reason I'm asking is that the LB store doesn't list micro 4/3 as an option for the Composer Pro/Sweet 35 bundle. Is B&H wrong?

I dug through the forum for a definitive post about micro 4/3, but couldn't find anything that provided a clear answer to my Q... thanks for any help!
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by Superthor June 19, 2011 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
I think the composer is sold in a kit with tilt transformer and 50 mm double glass optics for the micro 4/3,just like the Sony nex kit.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by Joe Nation June 19, 2011 06:59AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

For the GF-1 (or any Micro 4/3 camera) you'll need a Tilt Transformer with Composer attachment, which unfortunately will not work with the Sweet 35. If you crave a wider lens you could use the 0.6x or 0.42x wideangle converters on the standard 50mm optics.
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by russmorris June 19, 2011 07:23AM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

Thanks, folks.

I'll keep shooting with the k10D/Composer/Sweet35 combo for now. It's great that we finally have an aperture ring in the Sweet 35. I'm getting some stunning nature shots with this set-up!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Micro 4/3 Composer|Composer Pro that'll allow use of the Sweet 35.
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by Superthor June 19, 2011 03:07PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Rraaaahhhhh! So the sweet 35 dont fit the tilt transformer? Not good,as i do much nature photography i would have needed one of those....

Homer Simpson
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by russmorris June 19, 2011 09:32PM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

So I guess B&H Photo needs to correct the information on this page: [bit.ly]
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) June 29, 2011 06:29AM reply | quote
Superthor & Russ,
The best thing to put on your Tilt Transformer is a Scout! That way you can use the Fisheye or the Sweet 35 and have the metal ball professional grade tilt that the Tilt Transformer offers. I use the Tilt Transformer + Scout combo on a Sony NEX 3 for almost all of my Lensbaby shot and it works wonderfully.
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by Superthor June 29, 2011 03:43PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Great! Then i got more stuff to choose from!

Homer Simpson
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by Joe Nation June 30, 2011 06:22AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

That's a great idea. A Nikon-fit Scout on a TT, genius.

I wonder what would happen if you put a Composer on a TT... Bend one one way, bend the other the other way, intriguing :)
Re: Composer Pro/Sweet 35 combo for Micro 4/3 posted by russmorris June 30, 2011 11:54AM reply | quote
posted by russmorris

All I really want is a M4/3 mount Composer so I can use the Sweet 35 on my GF1.

Ping me when that happens, okay?

8^)

r!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today