Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

29 seconds ago by TG-J

Re: Polygonum hydropiperoides

view post

Is the Creative Effects System Kit for me?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Is the Creative Effects System Kit for me? posted by zeenger May 28, 2011 08:40PM reply | quote
posted by zeenger
I'm looking forward to purchase a bundle but I'm not certain if it's suitable for my 4/3 lens mounting dslr. I looked through the site and found that I am given the option for the said mounting. However, when I click on the system kit, I am not given an option for 4/3

I'm also considering another option of purchase, which is to get a Scout with fisheye -and then add on as I go.

Any comments or advice?
Re: Is the Creative Effects System Kit for me? posted by Superthor May 29, 2011 05:49AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
The composer with tilt transformer should be available for 4/3 cameras,for my nex-5,it was the only option.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Is the Creative Effects System Kit for me? posted by zeenger May 29, 2011 11:47AM reply | quote
posted by zeenger
Thanks for the reply Superthor. Well, I would love to try them all. But I gotta do it in stages AND wisely... I really love the lensbaby concept.
Re: Is the Creative Effects System Kit for me? posted by Superthor May 29, 2011 02:28PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Yes,the concept is interesting,and it made me go back to manual focus and settings!
Your first pictures will probably be crap,but with some practice,you will probably start using your lensbaby as your default lens.
One thing though,the black circular "frame" in the sample fisheye photos will not appear with 4/3 or APS-C cameras,as the lensbaby optics are adopted to 35 mm film or full format digital sensors.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Is the Creative Effects System Kit for me? posted by Joe Nation May 30, 2011 06:21PM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

Just to clarify, if you have a Micro 4/3rds camera (Olympus or Panasonic bridge camera), only the Tilt Transformer will fit. This means the Creative Effects system kit will not work for you, but you can buy the Composer/Tilt Transformer and use all the accessories in the kit (you'll have to buy everything separately though). The Sony Nex-5 uses the Sony E-mount, which will also only take the Tilt Transformer.

If you have a (normal/full size) 4/3rds mount as used on Olympus DSLRs you have a choice of all the other Lensbabies (but not the Tilt Transformer). This includes the Composer Pro that comes in the Creative Effects system kit.

However it seems that the bundle is only listed for Canon and Nikon on the web store. Try emailing customer services and ask if they can do the same deal with a 4/3rds lens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 03:28AM by Joe Nation.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today