Lensbaby Studio Forums

Meet Composer Pro!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Meet Composer Pro! posted by Keri (Admin) April 04, 2011 01:33AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

We’re happy to announce the Composer Pro, an upgraded version of the Lensbaby Composer. The Composer Pro’s metal swivel ball design and refined focus mechanism deliver ultra-smooth focus and tilt control. Check it out! [bit.ly]

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Crabcakes April 04, 2011 01:55AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Man! You guys just Never Stop! Awesome!

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by will April 04, 2011 02:01AM reply | quote
posted by will

I already checked it out and I'm ready to buy one soon with the Sweetspot. That is if it is available!
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by RichB April 04, 2011 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks for letting us know -- ordered!

Rich

PS Can't wait ...
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by srpatife April 04, 2011 03:20AM reply | quote
posted by
too bad i ordered a composer last week :( . could have got the pro with the sweet 35 if i knew earlier.
/me sad
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by vigy April 04, 2011 07:20AM reply | quote
posted by vigy

with my luck i just bought my composer 2 weeks ago :(
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Mark Wade April 08, 2011 01:20AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

yummy!
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Bender April 08, 2011 07:29AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

My dream come true and just in time for my birthday!!! Thank you thank you thank you. :) I had asked Craig about this last year and he hinted maybe something was in the works. So glad to see it happen.

Peter
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by RHWeiner April 09, 2011 03:55AM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

So here's the big question...if the original Composer is still for sale what's the difference between the two versions? What would bring me to add this lens to my collection if I already have the Composer?

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by srpatife April 09, 2011 06:43PM reply | quote
posted by
RHWeiner
So here's the big question...if the original Composer is still for sale what's the difference between the two versions? What would bring me to add this lens to my collection if I already have the Composer?
the difference is the regular composer is plastic, the pro metal. the second got a less losse focus ring.
besides those, i dont see any more difference.
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Craig (Admin) April 12, 2011 02:54AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Differences between the Composer and Composer Pro are a smoother tilt from the metal ball, dampened focus that is smoother and more precise than the Composer focus mechanism.

Craig
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Craig (Admin) April 12, 2011 03:53AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Oh, and it's less silver, more black.
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by srpatife April 12, 2011 08:53AM reply | quote
posted by
Craig
funny Craig. =)

thanks for the LB, it really changed the way i make photography (as an hobby). keep up the great job with the LB team, bringing new way of seeing the world we live in.
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by RHWeiner April 12, 2011 04:07PM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

Craig
Differences between the Composer and Composer Pro are...

Dang it Craig! You've got to slow down on all the new gear! :) Now you've got me thinking "How am I going to find the money for the Pro?...and what do I do with my current Composer?".

You've just about sold me on this (and all the other goodies) but I would really like to see this in my hand before I commit. When are you sending Kirstin back up to BC again? I'd love to also try out the Sweet 35.

So many goodies...so little money. :(

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Murse April 17, 2011 12:33AM reply | quote
posted by Murse

I already have the double glass and the sweet 35 optic. Can we buy the composer pro without the optic in it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 04:21AM by Murse.
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by ndroo April 20, 2011 12:55AM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Craig

Hmm. I'd prefer more silver to make it look nicer on my silver K-5. Craig ... can I have my ball in silver? :D Oops! That sounds so wrong. Nevermind. :D

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Superthor April 20, 2011 05:55AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Interesting,but the difference is maybe not enligt to make me buy one yet.
I need more optics for the one i got first.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Bender April 22, 2011 10:17AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Took mine out for a little test drive today. I love it! Very nice upgrade and with the Sweet 35 it's a wonderful pairing. :)

Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 10:18AM by Bender.
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Craig (Admin) April 23, 2011 06:46AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Glad you like it, Peter.

It's my favorite LB to date.

Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by BushidoPhoto May 06, 2011 06:45AM reply | quote
posted by BushidoPhoto

I purchased one of these a couple days ago and I got the sweet 35 to go in it! Lensbaby ROCKS!

Chris Bergstrom
www.bushidophoto.com
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by keithinmelbourne May 06, 2011 07:12AM reply | quote
posted by keithinmelbourne

I have had mine for about a week now, and I'm really impressed with how easy it is to use and focus this lens. Prior to buying my Lensbaby, I didn't think I'd be able to take shots like these (they're not great, but they illustrate this point).

Unmon is right: "Everyday is a good day."

[www.keithbroadphotography.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 07:13AM by keithinmelbourne.
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Yossarian July 26, 2011 09:26PM reply | quote
posted by Yossarian
Murse
I already have the double glass and the sweet 35 optic. Can we buy the composer pro without the optic in it?

Similar situation with me.
I already have the Muse and the old Composer, plus all the glass I need (not so interested in the Sweet35 as the Tele/WideAngle/macro Lenses don't fit, plus I prefer the single glass and plastic most of the time ...).
Now I would like to update to the composer Pro, and wonder how to order without a glass?
Isn't there a market for Lensbaby Addicts like me who already have almost everything?
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by Crabcakes July 27, 2011 12:26AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hi Yossarian--
Time to get in touch with Customer Happiness:

Try sending an email to kirsten@lensbaby.com or call Customer Happiness at 971.223.5662.

I'm sure they'll do all they can to help you.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Meet Composer Pro! posted by dollarmark August 07, 2011 07:28AM reply | quote
posted by dollarmark
I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Portrait Kit, which includes the Composer Pro with double glass. I have read some comments made by a few companies which rent out Lensbaby lenses (Just the Composer was listed since the Composer Pro was not available at the time the comments were made). The comments were actually warnings about the Composer lense saying the failure rate was the highest of any lenses they rent. They reported screws falling out when people were using the lenses. Can anyone provide me any feedback from their experiences and if this was an issue was it corrected when the Composer Pro came along? Thank you!
Mark in Dallas, Texas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 07:29AM by dollarmark.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today