Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 hours ago by Kirsten

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by rannestad March 19, 2011 06:51AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

My project today was to put up a swing for my two year old daughter. It ended up being a quite large project to hang it up in a cherry tree, since I had to make som extra stabilizing constructions.

After finishing my daughter tested it. She is only used to swings where she doesn't have to hold the ropes, so I kept telling her that she had to hold the ropes. After some time, she lost concentration and fell to the ground. Ouch. She was a bit surprised, but didn't cry. The ground under the swing is quite soft. I had to take a picture of her muddy face. No complaints. Washed her face, and she was ready again.

Second time I was making sure she held the ropes of the swing firmly. We were swinging for a long time, I took lots of images of her. Then we both lost concentration while laughing. I forgot to keep telling her to hold on to the rope, and then she fell to the ground again. Ouch.

After that she didn't want to swing anymore. She only wanted to lie on the ground and look up on the swing.

Hm... Now I feel bad. She didn't physically get hurt (it's actually impressing how much these small bodies can fall without getting hurt), but I am afraid that she got a bit scared now. I am "old school" in the sense that I think kids need to fall down once in a while, but this may have been too much in such a short time...

I actually have bad conscience. Bear over with me. I am not a super-father, but try the best I can:)

The images are taken chronologicaly and resembles the chronology described above.

Sweet35, Canon 5D, Muse.

Hve a nice day.

Bjorn

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by hp March 19, 2011 07:54AM reply | quote
posted by hp

Great series Bjorn, i love no. 3 and, sorry for your daughter, no. 5. your story cracked me up! You owe her a cuddle and a years supply of "restore trust" candy i guess?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2011 07:55AM by hp.
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by srpatife March 19, 2011 08:39AM reply | quote
posted by
nice photos mate, fav is also number 3, looks great
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by Bender March 19, 2011 09:38AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

She's so cute and the story is charming! :)

Peter
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by rannestad March 19, 2011 03:34PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you everyone. She woke up this morning and said that she wanted to swing today, so hopefully she isn't too scared:)

Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by RichB March 19, 2011 06:21PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bjorn,

Great series, wonderful story to go with it. Glad that she woke up the next day ready to swing again!

Rich
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by francesco March 19, 2011 09:18PM reply | quote
posted by francesco
I was sure she wanted to try again!
Kids have an incredible capability to forget the mistakes and to learn from them. we just need to encourage them!
a great set, BTW, and #3 and 5 are truly beautiful

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by rannestad March 20, 2011 04:55PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

We were out on the swing again yesterday, so now my bad conscience is fading:)

Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by Mamaoval March 22, 2011 05:07AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

What a Trouper! One and Five are my favorites.
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by rannestad March 22, 2011 05:17AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you

Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by popquiz March 22, 2011 11:16AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

As time goes by she'll forget about the falls, but she'll always remember that swing her Dad put up for her. Great memories for you both, and many more to come. Thanks for sharing!

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by CMH March 25, 2011 11:59PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

You're a GREAT Dad! I, too, believe that children have to learn by doing; we can't hover over them all the time. I loved your story and your images so much. I have to say #5 is my favorite. It's like she is just making the best of it ~ might as well lie on the ground and look at the sky!
LOVE!
Cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by Halima67 March 26, 2011 09:21AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Cute & funny story! As for myself, I love the cheeky smile with tongue out of # 4! Glad to hear that she wants more!

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by rannestad March 26, 2011 05:57PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

He he.

You are great. Thank you.

Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by Lorna Taylor March 27, 2011 04:06AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Great series Bjorn, she does not look any the worst for wear. We all have our parenting stories and some I am sure family services would raise eyebrows at !!! Besides I would rather like to think she got bored with the swing and laying on the ground watching clouds is more likely!! Cheers

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by Craig (Admin) March 28, 2011 02:35PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

I love the story and pics.

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by TG-J (Admin) March 30, 2011 10:49AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Cute. Make the most of it. Woke up this morning & realized my son is now 15. What happened? :).tony
Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by rannestad March 31, 2011 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Again, thank you. Kind of you. And you are right: Time flies.

Re: The Sweet 35 and Bad Conscience posted by Mark Wade April 07, 2011 11:31PM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Bravo Bjorn love the serires and the story...especially like the last 2...such wonderful expressions

I am old school too, she is fine...it is always difficult to watch our children learn the hard knocks in life

Well done!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today