Lensbaby Studio Forums

First Large Format Film Developed and Printed

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 10, 2011 04:37AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I have entered the world of Large Format photography. What an experience. Exposing and developing the first negative ever gave a very special feeling, which cannot be described.

Negative and negative case documented with a scout&fisheye optic.

Please visit my blog related to this theme: www.retrofoto.dk

Have a nice day.

Bjorn

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by francesco February 10, 2011 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by francesco
always extremely creative!
great job

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 10, 2011 06:57AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

He he. Thank you. I don't know about the extreme part though. It's just an image of a negative, which is a documentation of myself. Hopefully a little creative:)

Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by RichB February 10, 2011 01:22PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bjorn,

Sounds like you are having a great time with your large format work. And documenting it with a FE LB was a great idea.

Rich
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by Bender February 10, 2011 07:40PM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Awesome stuff and interesting blog posts. I think it's very interesting how you are exploring the old fashioned methods and yet you're not afraid to bring the modern age into it as well.

Peter
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 11, 2011 06:23PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you. I have never understood the limitations many have to only have the newest gear, or the opposite, only make things "old fashioned".

Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by oliver tudoras February 12, 2011 09:40PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

very creative my friend

have a great sunday

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 14, 2011 02:55AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Ollie. Appreciate that.

Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by Crabcakes February 14, 2011 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Looks like you've, successfully, dived into the deep-end. Awesome stuff--will definitely keep tuned in.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by codrin February 15, 2011 12:18AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Very interesting Bjorn, it looks good for sure! Have fun!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 15, 2011 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Johnny and Codrin. I have for certain dived into the deep end, and try to keep my head above water:)

Have a nice day.

Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by jbrunjes February 15, 2011 10:21PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Not to sound too much like a gear head but what are you shooting LF with?
Joby
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by TG-J (Admin) February 16, 2011 10:00PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Bjorn , Where are you going to find a 5x7 enlarger ? DeVere made a very good one, the only other one I can remember that facilitated 5x7s were 10x8 enlargers and they are monsters.I have a beautiful Devere cathomag 5x4 enlarger under the house. I remember having to buy a colour head for it when graded paper all but virtually disappeared. I started on a 10x8 Sinar or was it a Cambo? I can't remember. It is a whole different world of photography, have fun. tony
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 18, 2011 05:39AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Joby and Tony. Gearhead, Joby? I never thought so:)

The camera is an approx. 100 year Seneca. Lens is a Poloxer without shutter. You can read about it on my blog.

Enlarger? I haven't thought about that. The reason for going large format is to omit the enlarger. The journey I am on is to explore the historical processes, mainly pre world war I. What characterizes these processes is that they are so insensitive to light that you cannot use an enlarger. Only a contact copy works. So, no enlargement.

Please have a look at my blog www.retrofoto.dk

Have a nice day.

Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by Lorna Taylor February 19, 2011 05:51AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Having to much fun can be hazardous to one pocket book!! have a great time, Can't wait to see the images!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: First Large Format Film Developed and Printed posted by rannestad February 19, 2011 05:54AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you Lorna. As you have already seen, the first prints are out on the blog...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today