Lensbaby Studio Forums

lensbaby tilt lens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

lensbaby tilt lens posted by aphoto November 27, 2010 12:19PM reply | quote
posted by aphoto
is the effect different with a tilt and shift vs a composer? thank u
Re: lensbaby tilt lens posted by TG-J (Admin) November 27, 2010 09:44PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

A LB is more a tilt lens with a very curved field of focus. So U end up with a more defined sweet spot U move around the frame.tony
Re: lensbaby tilt lens posted by picnic November 29, 2010 12:29PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
You asked about the Composer but with the Lensbaby Tilt Transformer, using a lens, Nikon or other (I have used a Nikon to FD adapter with the TT and used my FD lenses besides my Nikons) the tilt works just like a tilt lens. I have a Canon EF TS and the LB TT. If you use the Front Focus with the TT it then works like the description above and essentially becomes a Composer (I also have an original Composer).

The difference in actually shooting with the two (the LB TT and the EF TS) is in the control of the tilt. With my EF the lens, though capable of being rotated, can only be tilted up or down and there are degree markings on the side to help in determining the amount of tilt. The size of the focus wedge is controlled by the aperture. With the TT the focus wedge is also controlled by the aperture of the manual focus lens but because the lens is mounted on a free moving ball it is harder to control where and how much you tilt the lens. Both of them take practice and patience to place the wedge or plane of focus where you want.

Diane

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 06:46AM by picnic.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today