Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by PBlais

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

One night a year.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

One night a year. posted by TG-J (Admin) November 13, 2010 10:20PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

And i missed it. This epiphytic cactus flowers open one night only, but it does have one more bud. Fingers crossed. thanks for looking.tony.
Re: One night a year. posted by RichB November 13, 2010 10:55PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Tony,

Beautiful! I especially like #2 and #3. Have a great week! And good luck with the remaining bud.

Rich
Re: One night a year. posted by Bender November 14, 2010 07:13AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Wow, yes #2 and 3 for me as well. Great set. :)

Peter
Re: One night a year. posted by jffoto November 14, 2010 02:06PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Beautiful series Tony, I like the colors and compositions - I especially like #2, well done!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: One night a year. posted by codrin November 15, 2010 05:11AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Great, Tony, the second and the third remind me about some scenes from Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' movie! Take care of you!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: One night a year. posted by bnzai9 November 16, 2010 10:36PM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Amazing series. All great images. Awesome color throughout. Nice point of focus on the fly.

Bnzai9
Re: One night a year. posted by ScottM November 17, 2010 02:53AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

these are beautiful Tony, love the colors.
Scott
Re: One night a year. posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez November 26, 2010 08:57PM reply | quote
Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for commenting on my work. I am new to the lensbaby website and I am getting to know other artists and exchanging points of view.

Tony, these set of images are lovely, for me number 2, 3 and 5 are very artistic and very beautiful. The colours and composition of all of the images are fantastic! I'm just wondering what lens did you use here? It looks like it might be the Soft Focus optic to me....is that right?

The color combination on image 2 is especially interesting and beautiful....it looks like a painting.

Lovely work!

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: One night a year. posted by TG-J (Admin) November 27, 2010 09:02PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi Onelia, from memory #'s 1&2 were taken with the Nikon D700, muse with the plastic optic @ f4 with the 4x close up attachment the rest were taken with the muse ,double glass , f2 ,4x attachment. As of yet I do not have the SF optic , it is an optic I had planned to get , but feel it would better pair up with either the composer or the scout and I have neither. Thankyou so much for your kind comments , it is nice when other people appreciate your work. Thanks again. tony
Re: One night a year. posted by Halima67 November 28, 2010 08:01AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Gorgeous set! Love # 3!

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: One night a year. posted by TG-J (Admin) November 29, 2010 04:27PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Rich, Peter, Jorgen, Codrin, Bnzia & Scott my humble apologies, I thought I had thanked you for your comments. Many thanks Helene. tony
Re: One night a year. posted by Lorna Taylor December 06, 2010 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

These colours are so fantastic Tony, really well done!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: One night a year. posted by BARONDLA December 06, 2010 10:10AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Color and composition are A+. 1,3,and 6 are my favorites. Hope you capture that last bud.
thanks for sharing
barondla
Re: One night a year. posted by Do7anii March 31, 2011 09:55PM reply | quote
posted by Do7anii

The first 3 are mind blowing. Amazing colours &light.

Visit: [www.do7aniifotos.tumblr.com]
Re: One night a year. posted by TG-J (Admin) April 01, 2011 12:45AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Duha thank you for your kind comments, I see you have all the LB gear, really get into that Muse, the Muse is the one that unlocks all the possibilities of the LensBaby optics in real time.It is probably the hardest to use , but often a misfocus works better. Have fun.tony
Re: One night a year. posted by popquiz April 01, 2011 10:04AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Looks like you nailed it to me. But then I know didly about botany. I love the light of #3 and #5. Number six just a bit too bug-eyed for me.

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: One night a year. posted by srpatife April 02, 2011 01:45AM reply | quote
posted by
great job. great image. #3 is a fav
Re: One night a year. posted by Mark Wade April 06, 2011 01:32AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

sublime!
Re: One night a year. posted by TG-J (Admin) April 06, 2011 10:40PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thank you, Glen, Nuno and Mark. It was a pretty special flower as most cacti are.tony

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today