Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by jffoto

On the other side

view post

Within the first minutes

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Within the first minutes posted by Mary Bell April 27, 2004 12:30PM reply | quote
posted by
I am in love...I got back from a walk with my daughter and there it was on the front porch. My daughter said I am going to play in the garden - I said fine!!

I have a learning curve to get past but this is oh so cool...it does for me in the big picture what my bodycap macro does for macro shots!!

Moving targets are not so easy and my daughter is notoriously bad at sitting still for Mom as Mom always carries a blasted camera...

Camera: Canon D300
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed Variable
Shot with the F5.6 ap ring...
Re: Within the first minutes posted by MarcoF April 27, 2004 10:46PM reply | quote
posted by MarcoF

Nice work Mary, but you might want to pay more attention to your B&W conversions. The images seem rather bland, lacking contrast. Especially for children this gives it a bit depressing look.. while she's a beautiful girl :)

Conceptual Art is overrated

[www.marcof.net]
Re: Within the first minutes posted by mediahound April 28, 2004 05:48AM reply | quote
posted by
i personally like the look.

Re: Within the first minutes posted by Mary Bell April 28, 2004 06:59AM reply | quote
posted by
Sorry the black and whites don't please you...I hear it all the time - part of my style - I am not into high-contrast black and whites - I like for people to have to work a little...

Post Edited (04-29-04 08:35)
Re: Within the first minutes posted by Mary Bell April 28, 2004 07:03AM reply | quote
posted by
Glad you like the look ;)
Re: Within the first minutes posted by kim April 28, 2004 07:19AM reply | quote
posted by
i love the conversion mary, and the shots are great
my only complaint is that her eyes seem a bit dark, i might dodge a bit in the eye whites to make it look more alive
Re: Within the first minutes posted by Mary Bell April 28, 2004 07:37AM reply | quote
posted by
Thanks Kim, I often do but I wasn't so happy with it that I decided to spend the time...I took a few last night of her that are better but still not quite where I want them to be - she is by far my hardest subject... ;)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today