Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

bark & mannequin

Newer Topic | Older Topic

bark & mannequin posted by TG-J (Admin) September 09, 2010 01:26AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Tried some playing with overlaying textures for the first time today, Some how i seem to have got it back to front. Thanks for looking.tony
Re: bark & mannequin posted by Darrell Marquette September 09, 2010 02:16AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Tony, I'd say #4 is the best. The others are too busy for me.
Re: bark & mannequin posted by RichB September 09, 2010 10:48AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Tony,

I'm with Darrell on #4. I really like the blend of colors in that one VERY much. I think the close blending of the colors reduced the business that Darrell mentioned.

Rich
Re: bark & mannequin posted by BARONDLA September 09, 2010 12:51PM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Interestint technique. Favorite is #1. The color is fabulous.
thanks
barondla
Re: bark & mannequin posted by jffoto September 09, 2010 07:16PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Interesting series Tony.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: bark & mannequin posted by TG-J (Admin) September 09, 2010 11:38PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thank you guys. I agree they are busy . My original intention was to shoot the bark as potential overlay textures. But then I couldn't think of any LB shots I had that would benefit from using them. I had been doing some test shots on my 135 defocus lens & thought they could take a texture. But that wasn't very Lensbaby , so I made the LB textures the background making them the main focus. Then the test shot was converted as a B&W with a very short tonal range with the majority of the tonal range around 128.It was placed as a layer on top & converted to Overlay mode. The thing I found interesting was essentially all though they are all the same shot , the different color & bark pattern gives them such different expressions & feels.I have been impressed with some of the things I have seen done here with overlayed textures,this was my first foray into this territory, unfortunately didn't have the rights combinations of textures & images to do anything totally LB.I think this technique could look interesting with a human face & the right back ground.tony
Re: bark & mannequin posted by Crabcakes September 15, 2010 01:35AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Love #1 the best I think--can;t tell where the face ends and the bark begins and that works for me.

I've been making the dive into textures as well lately --mixed results--I'm usually so overwhelmed by the countless possible combinations that my head spins--I have too much trouble deciding...I think you've done a great job here.

BTW-can I say Domo Arigato ? sorry--that face...I'm a closet Styx fan.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2010 07:22AM by Crabcakes.
Re: bark & mannequin posted by pkk September 15, 2010 05:56AM reply | quote
posted by pkk

Great idea. I'll look forward to see them with a living human face or body.

Peter
Re: bark & mannequin posted by Lorna Taylor September 22, 2010 12:41AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

These are fantastic!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: bark & mannequin posted by Bender September 23, 2010 02:51AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Tony these are wonderful. Some of your best work for sure. I like #4 a lot because it looks like hands cradling the face ala The Scream. They are all terrific though and very creative.

Peter
Re: bark & mannequin posted by ScottM September 23, 2010 03:18AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

These are cool Tony, nice work.
Scott
Re: bark & mannequin posted by doro September 23, 2010 05:49AM reply | quote
posted by doro

really like the experiment, it sure is not easy to achieve a blending that "makes sense". for me no 2 is the fave!

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today