Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Enchanted Forest w/rework

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Enchanted Forest w/rework posted by bnzai9 September 08, 2010 01:58PM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

One of the Oregon coasts spooky forests. Single glass optic at F2.8.

#2 is a re-work of #1 based on feedback received below. Desaturated a bit and toned down the highlights in the dress.

Bnzai9

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2010 08:52PM by bnzai9.
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by jffoto September 08, 2010 03:17PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Great image - I really like the mood and composition - well done!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by RichB September 08, 2010 08:50PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Great composition -- well thought out, with a mood as well.

Rich
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by Bender September 08, 2010 08:58PM reply | quote
posted by Bender

That's really cool. Wonderful setting. :)

Peter
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by codrin September 08, 2010 10:35PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

A very beautiful image, the editing is a bit too much for me but overall it's great!

Codrin
[1x.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2010 10:36PM by codrin.
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by bnzai9 September 08, 2010 11:01PM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Thanks all.
Codrin - Can you elaborate on the editing? Is it the texture, color, contrast, etc. that is too much for you? Thanks in advance.

Bnzai9
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by codrin September 08, 2010 11:11PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Hello! Well, I know that usually I am in a clear minority regarding the use of textures, which I very rarely find that could add something, could enrich an image, usually for me is just the try to make an image look old or look like a painting and I disagree with this with very few exceptions. Anyway, here, for me your image looks a bit hdr-ish, imho a more subtle approach would make it even better. But a great image for sure! Love the way you've imagined it!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by bnzai9 September 08, 2010 11:43PM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Thanks for the feedback Codrin. I understand your position regarding textures though I obviously disagree. I have no interest in making an image look old or like a painting, for me it is about using whatever techniques get me to the scene that I envisioned. In this case, the texture added a bit of mystery which was lacking in the original image. I suppose using grain like in B+W images serves the same purpose and may have worked here as well.
The colors and contrast are indeed rich though no HDR was used. There was some nice light coming in from the left that set the moss aglow. My main goal was keeping the forest somewhat dark while not diminishing the lighter areas.
With your feedback I will take a look at some more subtle colors and see how it works.
Thanks again, The feedback here is invaluable for developing and improving.

Bnzai9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 12:06AM by bnzai9.
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by Darrell Marquette September 09, 2010 02:14AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

I like it just the way it is. The only thing that caught my eye was the girl's white outfit is a little blown out. The mood is very interesting.
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by Keithnc September 09, 2010 03:24AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great shot, nice focal point and composition
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by BARONDLA September 09, 2010 01:05PM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Wonderful image. Well set up and executed. The colors are fairly HDR looking (not usually my fave). Here adds a slight unrealistic - fairy tale quality to the image. Kind of like it.
thanks
barondla
Re: Enchanted Forest posted by Linda September 11, 2010 01:39AM reply | quote
posted by Linda
Funtastic! lovely scene, wonderful texture, it all fits!

[www.lindadruijff.com]
Re: Enchanted Forest w/rework posted by stevenz September 12, 2010 09:41AM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

very well executed and a wonderful concept.
regards
steve

[10222.portfolio.artlimited.net]
[www.allsoppimagery.com]
Re: Enchanted Forest w/rework posted by kmac September 12, 2010 09:52AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

this image brings a smile - nicely imagined.
Re: Enchanted Forest w/rework posted by Halima67 September 12, 2010 01:27PM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Great photo Larry!...In my mind B&W would make it even more magical or spookier!..but that's just me!

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today