Latest Post

1 day ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

new camera

Newer Topic | Older Topic

new camera posted by altprocess July 04, 2010 10:28PM reply | quote
posted by altprocess

I finally decided to upgrade from my Canon 20D. I resisted the 30, 40 and 50D cameras but thought it was finally time with the arrival of the 7D and 5D II. I agonized for weeks about what to do (including staying with the 20D and buying a few new lenses). While I would love to get the 5D II I could not convince myself that I HAD to have full-frame. So the 7D is on its way. Did I make the right choice--could I have justified the extra $800 (or $1600 if I got the kit lens)? I did a lot of research, but I know it will be at least another 5-6 years before I think of another DSLR. My 20D will now become my back-up after almost six years of faithful service.
Re: new camera posted by Bender July 05, 2010 06:25AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

I've got both. Both of them have their charms for sure but what glass you have could be a big factor. I love having the full frame...a 35L, 50mm (lensbaby!), 85 f1.8, 135L prime kit is fabulous on it. But lately have found myself going for the 7D more often. I'm liking the crop factor with a lot of my Lensbaby images, especially the fish eye. I've been shooting more telephoto with it as well. And if I want wide the 10-22mm is fast, small and light.

Did you get the kit lens with your 7D? The 18-135 is not bad at all and even with a full stable of L primes and zooms I have really gotten to like it.

Peter
Re: new camera posted by altprocess July 05, 2010 06:36AM reply | quote
posted by altprocess

I did not order the kit lens because I already own the 28-135 mm IS lens. I also have a 70-300mm IS, Tamron 17-35, Canon 50mm 1.8, and lens baby composer. I thought about getting lenses instead a camera since I had enough saved up for L glass (I was think the 24-70 L and the 100mm L macro 2.8). Next summer I'll be able to get some new lenses. Thank you for your input I really appreciate it.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today