Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr June 14, 2010 02:45PM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

thanks for looking... critiques (the good and the bad) are always appreciated... hope you enjoy

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by mathogre June 14, 2010 11:39PM reply | quote
posted by mathogre

Interesting photos juznobsrvr. I like them!

My favorite, and the one I think works best, is 3. In 1, she appears distraught, an interesting contrast with the light. The colored light in 2 works in some ways, but in other ways I wonder if it was an afterthought. 3 is abstract. I see a fork, I see writing, I see someone walking. It's a jumble as if these are in Linda's mind. What thoughts flit in and out of her consciousness? Is it what she's seeing with her eyes or with her mind's eye? We don't see her eyes, but we see what her eyes see. Rather than seeing the mirrors of her soul, we see her soul itself. I could see this painted on the side of a building in a city.

Graham
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by Bender June 14, 2010 11:52PM reply | quote
posted by Bender

These are wild. I especially like #3, far and away my favorite although #1 is very strong as well.

Peter
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by codrin June 15, 2010 02:03AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Disturbing set Rob, but really lots to think, feel, see! Great!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr June 15, 2010 04:26AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

@graham - thanks for the in-depth critique. yea, the second was random but intentional (might have been influenced from John Cage or Pollack - ). i posted all three to show various depths of Linda's consciousness. i was glad that she allowed me to photograph her. she is a very interesting lady in that her emotions will quickly change in a few seconds.

much appreciated ..

@peter and codrin - thanks for your observations and usual supportive comments...

- ... truly mean a lot to me... regards

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by kmac June 15, 2010 06:53AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

I think the first and third work equally well for different reasons - both emotional - I do like the B&W image especially...
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by Steve Bee June 15, 2010 10:37AM reply | quote
posted by Steve Bee

Powerful stuff! Well done with these!
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by Kirsten (Admin) June 15, 2010 10:54AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Interesting. I really like them together. I love the third one. The colors really add another dimension.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by TG-J (Admin) June 15, 2010 12:18PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Very confronting Rob. This is a human condition that most would rather not see. Very well portrayed and very scary.tony
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by MelBrackstone June 15, 2010 12:28PM reply | quote
posted by MelBrackstone

Powerful images, I also like #1 and #3.

Mel :) In sunny Brisbane, Australia
[melbrackstone.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by stevenz June 15, 2010 12:58PM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

#1 is a very powerful image, great work!!
Steve

[10222.portfolio.artlimited.net]
[www.allsoppimagery.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr June 15, 2010 02:22PM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

hey thanks to all for looking and the very kind words... i am encouraged and honored... you just made my day... regards and take care

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by jffoto June 15, 2010 11:34PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Well Rob - strong images, #1 is the one for me, you really have to stop and ask: what is going on? Great image!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 11:34PM by jffoto.
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr June 16, 2010 08:02AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

jorgen, glad for your usual kind comment... i really appreciate it... thanks

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by ranfoto June 16, 2010 02:37PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

It's bold Bending......aRt that makes you wonder what is going on in Linda's Mind ?

We shouldn't pry into her plight, but it does make for good imaging :O
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr June 16, 2010 02:56PM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

ran D. --- thanks for your visit... i agree we ought to consider some areas sacred... but we can always imagine -- and i think that's the beauty of art (whether that makes sense or not)... take care

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by Mark Wade June 16, 2010 11:09PM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Especially like #3 Rob

A sense of visual insight to thought
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr June 17, 2010 01:41AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

mark, thanks for your visit and encouraging words... i am honored

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by miadefleur August 13, 2010 09:04AM reply | quote
posted by miadefleur

I love it!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by Slang May 16, 2012 12:28AM reply | quote
posted by Slang

I love the colours in the third! Was this with Photoshop/Lightroom?
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by juznobsrvr May 16, 2012 04:52AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

thanks mia and sarah... when I posted this back in 2010 I refused to use the latest PS/LR softwares so I used an antinquated version of PS Elements. I think it was version 4 or lower (LOL). The coloring was layered using another image I made from a pinhole film. If you look closely, you'll find forks and chairs on your face. I seemed to work :-) cheers.

rob castro

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Inside Linda's Mind (iii, ii, i) posted by Slang May 16, 2012 09:53AM reply | quote
posted by Slang

Certainly worked :)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today