Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

51 minutes ago by ebby62

Re: How far spread is the LB?

view post

Sign of the Times

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sign of the Times posted by jumpinjimmyjava April 29, 2010 08:06AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Lensbaby 2.0, Nikon D700

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Sign of the Times posted by SKF April 29, 2010 10:25AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Hey Jimmy,
Where have you been,
Missed your style and a great return image.
Cheers

steve
Re: Sign of the Times posted by jumpinjimmyjava April 29, 2010 10:59AM reply | quote

Hey Steve. Well I was away because I had sold my Canon 40D and my lensbaby 2.0 I actually sold all my Canon gear. I purchased a Nikon D700 but could not find a used Lensbaby with a Nikon mount. Finally I saw a brand new Lensbaby on Amazon for about $70 USA and I scooped it.
My Canon 40D had a cropped sensor and I liked the results it gave. The D700 is a full frame sensor and the images are just not the same. I am experimenting though and I find the F8 aperture is working best. Well nice to hear from you Steve and thank-you so much for your kind comments. Take care from Canada - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Sign of the Times posted by ScottM April 29, 2010 01:26PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Glad to see you back Jimmy. Nice image. But you went to the dark side (Nikon). Just kidding. I know what you mean about the full frame sensor. I got a 5d mark ii and I am still trying to get used to shooting lb images with it. Definately different.
Scott
Re: Sign of the Times posted by TG-J (Admin) April 29, 2010 01:53PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Jumpin Jimmy, haven't seen that name for a while. If you need a crop frame Nikon as well D2x's are a heck of a lot of camera going cheap these days. At high asa in B&W look very much like Tri X. Nice to see you back. tony
Re: Sign of the Times posted by codrin April 29, 2010 11:18PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

A great image, really excellent work, love it! Welcome back!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Sign of the Times posted by WilliamE April 30, 2010 08:23AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Very nice, welcome back.
Re: Sign of the Times posted by jumpinjimmyjava April 30, 2010 09:05AM reply | quote

Hi Scot, Codrin, TG and William. Well Scott I kinda like the Dark side. The nicest feature of the D700 is the auto ISO. I can set the lowest shutter speed I want to shoot at so I never miss a shot. TG,my wife says if I buy another camera she is leaving ... God I will miss her! Well thanks for all your nice comments,it is nice to be back - jimmy

Re: Sign of the Times posted by ScottM April 30, 2010 11:09AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Auto iso, NO, truly the dark side. Just kidding. LOL
Scott
Re: Sign of the Times posted by Bender April 30, 2010 08:26PM reply | quote
posted by Bender

I like the circling vultures to the left. :)

Peter
Re: Sign of the Times posted by jffoto April 30, 2010 10:19PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Hej Jimmy
Very good photo - I like it a lot!
Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2010 10:20PM by jffoto.
Re: Sign of the Times posted by kmac April 30, 2010 10:23PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

well done moody image...
Re: Sign of the Times posted by jumpinjimmyjava May 01, 2010 05:39AM reply | quote

Hey Bender, kmac and jffoto. Thanks for the kind comments. Much appreciated - jimmy

Re: Sign of the Times posted by oliver tudoras May 02, 2010 02:47AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

welcome back

great result with your D700

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Sign of the Times posted by jumpinjimmyjava May 02, 2010 04:31AM reply | quote

Thanks Oliver.Great to be back and actually own a Lensbaby 2.0 again - jimmy

Re: Sign of the Times posted by Mark Wade May 04, 2010 04:40AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Nice image!

A teleconverter could help with the crop

love my 700 CMOS
Re: Sign of the Times posted by doro May 05, 2010 06:28AM reply | quote
posted by doro

really cool, simple yet full of .... :-)

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: Sign of the Times posted by jumpinjimmyjava May 05, 2010 08:37AM reply | quote

Hey thanks Mark and doro. Much appreciated - jimmy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today