Latest Post

8 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: 2E245

view post

Carrying bag

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Carrying bag posted by Steve Beck April 19, 2010 08:26PM reply | quote
posted by Steve Beck
So if any of you have the whole lens baby setup how do you carry all your stuff? I tried this weekend to stuff it in my thinktank street walker hd. But had to take out three other lens's and rearrange dividers etc.

Anyone have a dedicated bag they use strictly for carrying lensbaby stuff? If so what bag is it? I was looking at a couple smaller lowepros at local places but I felt the ones I saw would not fit the bill.
Re: Carrying bag posted by Kirsten (Admin) April 20, 2010 04:33AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

Lensbaby is working on a solution :-)

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Carrying bag posted by RichB April 20, 2010 04:39AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Great to hear that Kirsten!

Thanks,

Rich
Re: Carrying bag posted by daftmanic April 20, 2010 04:59AM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
Hmmm... Seems kinda tough to carry it all for anyone. I think it's a good idea to be prepared for any shot, but the WHOLE lensbaby line? You're definitely way hardcore. :)
Re: Carrying bag posted by ranfoto April 20, 2010 08:01AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Hee.....if one is not "HARDCORE" then you aren't serious about Bendin' :))

But but but......more often then not......Less Is More....serious focus is the key to great images and the core of Bending has always been the image !
Re: Carrying bag posted by Steve Beck April 20, 2010 11:00PM reply | quote
posted by Steve Beck
Sweet!

I have a nifty black Lensbaby shopping bag I got at Photoshop World when I bought the whole shebang from you. That would not work for daily use though, haahha.
Re: Carrying bag posted by Bender April 21, 2010 01:36AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Most of the time I carry my gear in a Crumpler 5MD Home. I can easily get my Canon 5DMKii in there with one regular prime lens (35L), one zoom (70-200 f4), the Composer, 4 optics, LB Macro kit, aperture swap kit, stepup ring and CP and a LB telephoto optic. If I wanted to dispense with the regular lenses and go all LB I could easily fit my 3G and Muse and all my other kit in there as well.

Peter
Re: Carrying bag posted by Steve Beck April 21, 2010 03:09AM reply | quote
posted by Steve Beck
Appreciate the comment. Im trying to avoid leaving lens's at home and want to carry my main gear in the TT bag and something to carry strictly LB setup in.
Re: Carrying bag posted by Steve Beck July 13, 2010 10:16AM reply | quote
posted by Steve Beck
any news on this that lensbaby is "working on"?
Re: Carrying bag posted by ScottM July 13, 2010 11:25AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

I haul around an expedition mountain climbing backpack for all my stuff and sometimes hire a sherpa. Just kidding. I have a fairly good sized tamrac backpack but just bought (today) a think tank streetwalker for when I dont want to haul everything. Glad to hear LB is working on a solution cause I was about to design my own ( wouldn't that be an interesting competition to see what everyone can come up with).
Scott
Re: Carrying bag posted by mathogre July 14, 2010 09:57AM reply | quote
posted by mathogre

So far all I have is the Muse with the Double Glass and Soft Focus optics. I have five other conventional lenses: two zooms and three primes. I have two Tarmac bags, one a back/shoulder sling pack and the other a more conventional camera bag. Both my Lensbaby and camera bag selections will grow, I'm sure, but even now I think that's a lot of equipment for a hobbyist.

Generally I take one or two lenses with me for a shoot. I'm an amateur, and I don't really care to be burdened with the weight or the time of taking too many lenses/optics. I try to choose the ideal lens for the general situation, and accept it as The Lens For The Day. Otherwise I spend too much time second guessing which would be the ideal lens for the situation, missing too many great opportunities. If I know I need more than one lens (where this could also be "more than one optic"), I'll bring a second.

Graham

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today