Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by PBlais

Re: How far spread is the LB?

view post

How to change aperture inserts

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How to change aperture inserts posted by juvand April 25, 2004 06:37PM reply | quote
posted by juvand
I just got lensbaby and I try to change aperture insert but I don't know how. Would appreciate if somebody help.

Darko
Re: How to change aperture inserts posted by sam April 25, 2004 10:10PM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hello Darko,

Your Lensbaby should have shipped with a small plastic tool on a key chain along with two disks with holes in the middle. The plastic tool has a wedged shaped end, which you can slide underneath the rubber washer that you will see when you look into the front of your Lensbaby. Simply slip the narrow end of the tool underneath the inner edge of the rubber washer, and pry the washer out. Then you can tip over the lens to get the aperture disk to fall out. Drop your desired aperture in and put the rubber washer back into place on top of the aperture disk to hold the disk in place. You can use the rubber washer all by itself, without any of the aperture disks, to achieve a f2.8 aperture that will be diffused and almost impressionistic.

Your User Guide has an illustrated description of this process, as well as pictures of the different apertures and their effects. If you do not have this guide, or your Lensbaby shipped without the tool and additional apertures, or you have any further questions please send me an email at sam@lensbabies.com or call 503-516-5569.

Thanks for asking!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: How to change aperture inserts posted by juvand April 26, 2004 07:10AM reply | quote
posted by juvand
Thanks for prompt answer. It's OK now - I changed insert with your explenation, but I didn't receive any user guide. Do you have user guide online or can you e-mail me pdf file. Thanks in advance.
Re: How to change aperture inserts posted by Don Aldridge April 28, 2004 06:48PM reply | quote
posted by
I also did not receive a User Guide when I received my lensbaby today. Where do I obtain it? Thanks.

Re: How to change aperture inserts posted by sam April 28, 2004 07:43PM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hello Don, We are sorry you did not get your User Guide. Apparently we left them out of a few boxes. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are happy to send a pdf version via email and a hard copy version via regular mail to anyone who is missing their User Guide. Please just send an email to Sam@lensbabies.com and I will take care of you.

Sam Pardue
Lensbabies

see with the eyes of a child

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today