Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by rusteer

rims

view post

Lensbaby Birthday Presents

1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Craig (Admin) March 02, 2010 07:39AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hello everyone!
As many of you have heard it is Lensbaby's 6th birthday. If you have not done so already, go sign up for our birthday giveaway [lensbaby.com] Blurb, Panasonic, and Red River Paper have just added to the long list of presents we want to share with you.

We owe much of our success to you, the forum members. I'm very thankful for your loyal support and inspiration and want to make sure you have a chance to win a present. So, if you were a forum member before we announced our birthday giveaway (Feb. 26th) just respond to this post and I'll make sure your name gets into the "new forum member" drawing as well.

We got a bit taken by surprise at the booth and only got a few Lensbaby images of the festivities on our birthday but I am attaching one image of me and the candled cupcake that kicked off the celebration at PMA in Anaheim.

Thank you for your support and have a super beautiful rest of your week.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Halima67 March 02, 2010 07:56AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Yes, pls! Put my name in the hat, I've been a Baby lover for almost 6 years when the only choice was the LBO. Love my Muse with the plastic lens too! Happy Birthday!

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by RichB March 02, 2010 08:02AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Craig,

Happy Belated 6th Birthday. Pretty advanced for a first grader! Anxiously awaiting the next six years. Thanks for everything.

Rich
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by TG-J (Admin) March 02, 2010 08:23AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks Craig, got the B'day email but forgot, Count me in please. tony
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Emma_THS March 02, 2010 08:53AM reply | quote
posted by Emma_THS

That long already? Woot! Happy Birthday LB! (Those look like awesome cupcakes, by the by.) Count me in, please. =)

[tolhorse-studios.blogspot.com]
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Bones March 02, 2010 08:54AM reply | quote
posted by Bones

This is very kind of you Craig. Count me in as well please.
Somehow, though, I think it should be us sending you the presents. Happy Birthday Lensbaby!

Brian

"Keeping a positive attitude won't solve all your problems. You will, however, annoy enough people to make it worth your while."
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by popquiz March 02, 2010 09:59AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

You've given us all the greatest gifts for the last six year with the ability to create amazing images with Lensbaby products.

Thanks for making all this possible. Happy Birthaday to everyone at Lensbaby and to everyone inspired by a Lensbaby.

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by codrin March 02, 2010 03:29PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Well, presents are always wonderful! ;) Cheers Craig and thanks for everything!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by kmac March 02, 2010 09:17PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Just love using all of the LB products - congratulations and Happy Birthday.
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Keithnc March 02, 2010 10:54PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Same here, add my name please.

Happy 6th B-day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 10:55PM by Keithnc.
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Craig (Admin) March 03, 2010 02:02AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Somehow being six just snuck up on us. Seems like just yesterday I was figuring out that an aperture could rest in front of a lens and the whole universe would not explode. This shift happened less than two weeks before the Original Lensbaby launched, allowing us to provide a very crude version of the interchangeable aps that our current optics have rather than a fixed f5.6 ap.

Attached is my first experiment with the Original Lensbaby (prototype) using aps in front of the optic. Can't believe I have not posted this before.

Paradigm shifts can be very simple. Glad to have been able to share a few with all of you.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by oliver tudoras March 03, 2010 02:31AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..and hanks a lot :-)

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by jWebb March 03, 2010 03:48AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

Craig,
Please add my name to the pot. I love freebies! Thanks to you and your team for all you have contributed to the photo community. Happy birthday!
Jack
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by pkk March 03, 2010 04:39AM reply | quote
posted by pkk

Happy birthday to all of of you.
My babies are almost grown up now. I'll soon ask you to give birth to a pair of twin babies shipped to Denmark.. It is okay if their eyes don't focus completely sharp..
And yes I would like to sign in.
Peter
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by ScottM March 03, 2010 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Happy b'day, saw you at pma but you were very busy so I didn't get to talk to you. Keep making great products.
Scott
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by TG-J (Admin) March 03, 2010 11:35AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Mans best friend,just doesn't understand Gum Boots. Lovely shot.tony
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by jonesyjerrid March 03, 2010 11:40AM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

Happy 6th!!!

[web.me.com]
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by SKF March 03, 2010 01:16PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Hi Craig,

Happy Birthday to the LB, and what a great baby it has been. Please add my name to the list.
Cheers

steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 01:17PM by SKF.
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Craig (Admin) March 03, 2010 03:40PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Scott,

I can count on one hand the number of active forum members I have met at a trade show. Would love to have had the time to chat. Anyone coming to Vegas for WPPI next week?

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by djwwestwood March 03, 2010 04:04PM reply | quote
posted by djwwestwood
Hi Happy Birthday Lensbaby

looking forward to see what you come up with next

regards

David
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by MLedingham March 03, 2010 07:12PM reply | quote
posted by MLedingham

Hey Craig,
I wouldn't mind if you added my name, as well. I can't seem to get along without my LB Composer in my backpack (that I lug around every day!). Thanks - and happy birthday!

Best from Norway's Arctic,
Mark Ledingham

See me at [www.markledingham.com] and [fineartamerica.com] too!
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by MattW March 03, 2010 09:21PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Happy birthday from across the pond!

Will there be celebrations (ie free cake) on the LB stand at Focus on Imaging on Sunday?

Matthew
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by David Morel March 03, 2010 11:15PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Happy Birthday! LB has been a great part of my photography! Include me!

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Mark Wade March 03, 2010 11:35PM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Happy Birthday LEnsbaby! Finding you was an oasis in a desert of redundancy
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Crabcakes March 04, 2010 03:11AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

A very Happy B-Day!!

Count me in.

Thanks for everything over the years. I honestly can't imagine my life without the LB.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by WilliamE March 04, 2010 03:59AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Craig,
Happy Birthday Lensbaby! Sorry I missed you last week at PMA. I had a small window to walk the show floor and you were out doing the same. Brought over a new addict and chatted with Howard a bit. Hope the show was good for you guys. Take care.

Bill
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by shurla5 March 04, 2010 07:14AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Happy B-day

Shurla
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by noahtom March 04, 2010 07:36AM reply | quote
posted by noahtom
Happy B-day Lensbaby!

n.
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Bender March 04, 2010 08:14AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Happy birthday indeed! This past year has been a whirlwind of photographic learning for me and the Lensbabies have been a big part of it. Thanks for all the fun toys and also for creating this wonderful friendly and supportive community that is unlike any other on the web.

Peter
Re: Lensbaby Birthday Presents posted by Craig (Admin) March 04, 2010 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Regarding Focus on Imaging, we have a Lensbaby representative from the UK at the Intro2020 booth but no plans for cake.

Not sure we have time to set that up. Wish we'd thought of that a few weeks ago.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today