Latest Post

17 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: 2E245

view post

Fritz & Myself

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fritz & Myself posted by Artificient February 24, 2010 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

A few days ago my new Composer & Optic Kit arrived in the mail. I couldn't wait to try them out, but My CANNON 30D is in the shop for a cleaning. I grabbed my 35mm CANNON EOS Rebel K2 & realized I still had film in it from a couple years ago. I finished up the role with my new gear, took it in to be developed, & this is the result.

The first one is a self portrait I took on my bed, looking into a mirror on my door which was reflecting another mirror that was reflecting a shelf with some bottles on it.

The second two are of my cat Fritz who was sitting at the foot of my bed while I took these.

I used a CANNON EOS Reblel K2 with the Composer, Plastic Optic, & a 2x Telephoto attachment for all 3 images. I also used 35mm 400 ISO Ilford film.

----------
www.Artificient.DeviantArt.com

6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. The police took 8 & 10 into custody under suspicion. They figured it must have been 8 or 10 because they were right next to 9 when it happened. The police told 8 & 10 how they found 9's remains half eaten in an ally...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 04:35AM by Artificient.
Re: Fritz & Myself posted by rannestad February 24, 2010 04:19AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I like the cat of no 2 and I like your description of your self portrait. I also like the grain of this bw film. Great.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Fritz & Myself posted by Artificient February 24, 2010 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

Thanks,I see I had miss spelled "bed" though. I was really hoping to achieve some nice grain with the film. That is one thing I love about traditional B&W 35mm film. I have so many pictures of Fritz, He makes such a good subject. I should start doing more LB shoots with Fritz though.

----------

6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. The police took 8 & 10 into custody under suspicion. They figured it must have been 8 or 10 because they were right next to 9 when it happened. The police told 8 & 10 how they found 9's remains half eaten in an ally...
Re: Fritz & Myself posted by RichB February 24, 2010 05:54AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Justin,

There is nothing like images from OLD film. Very nice grain on all -- #2 is well composed. Cute cat!

Rich
Re: Fritz & Myself posted by ranfoto February 24, 2010 01:15PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Looks like Fritz and Fuzzy to me.....? :)))

I guess that's why folks are using F-22 apertures with their plastic optic.....nowdays ? Hee !
Re: Fritz & Myself posted by Artificient February 25, 2010 08:09AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

Thanks Rich

Actually Randy, I didn't use an aperture at all. It's f/0.0

----------

Re: Fritz & Myself posted by Lorna Taylor February 25, 2010 10:28AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Great work!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Fritz & Myself posted by Artificient February 26, 2010 08:29AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

Thanks Lorna

----------

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today