Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by Niefol

Early effort with new toy

view post

Call for Submissions - Rules Change

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by Keri (Admin) December 04, 2009 05:43AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

As you will see shortly on the Call for Submissions page, we made a couple of tweaks to the rules. The details are below:

We were contacted by Pro Imaging (http://www.pro-imaging.org/) this week, an organization devoted to protecting photographers' rights. While they liked our rules for our Call for Submissions, they had a couple of ideas about how to further protect photographers' rights. We found that Pro Imaging's standards aligned with the way we feel, so we adopted their suggested changes: see our new rules. The new additions are in bold, so you can see easily see the changes. We also had to make one small change to what files we may request of those photographers whose images we publish - that change is also in bold.

This thread is for anyone who has further questions or wants to discuss the rule update. As always, if there is something on your mind, we want to hear from you.

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by Lars December 05, 2009 09:23AM reply | quote
posted by Lars
Quick copyright question. If a person appears in the photo and that person happens to be the photographer (although the face in not shown), is a model release still required for the "Call for Submissions"?
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by digipix76 December 09, 2009 07:26AM reply | quote
posted by digipix76

Regarding model release, In one of my uploads both people are my wife and son, do i still need a signed model release?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 07:28AM by digipix76.
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by holly December 11, 2009 01:45AM reply | quote
posted by holly
I am attempting to email in my model release, but the email addressed to: getpublished@lensbaby.com

is bouncing back. Please advise.

Also, in the confirmation email I received after submitting my two entries you mention logging in (to make changes to your submission to the contest), but where does one do this?

Thank you.
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) December 11, 2009 07:23AM reply | quote
digipix76, yep, unfortunately we've gotta have a release to publish - even if you're related to your subjects / models.

Lars, I'll try to get an "official" answer to you ASAP! And Holly, I've contacted our tech dept. regarding the getpublished email account.

Thank you (everyone!) for your photos & participation! I've been amazed by all the submissions
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) December 11, 2009 08:00AM reply | quote
Okay, our getpublished@lensbaby.com email is up and running again!
Lars, it looks like we still need model release

Also, fyi:
Focal Press is open for pre-orders of the Lensbaby book: Lensbaby Bending your Perspective
Get 30% off with discount code 98001 here: www.focalpress.com/lensbaby
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by osidat December 12, 2009 02:03AM reply | quote
posted by osidat

Hi Folks,

For the purposes of print publication, is there a prefrence to the layout of the photo, i.e., would it be better as a Lanscape, or as a Portrait orientation? It appears the book is going to be a SQUARE. Would it impact the chances of selection, if the photo entered is not cropable due to its subject matter on the image?

Please advise.
Thanks
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by sam (Moderator) December 12, 2009 08:53AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi Osidat,

Don't worry about the landscape vs. portrait orientation because that will not influence the judging or the odds of inclusion. Just send your best photos. Thanks, Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by digipix76 December 14, 2009 06:41AM reply | quote
posted by digipix76

Hiya, I have the model release forms completed, who do i send them too? and by post or scan them and send them by email.

Thanks

Ian
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by spapax December 16, 2009 04:02AM reply | quote
posted by spapax
Hi,
I have sent two images but I do not see any way to change one of them since I can not have a model release. The confirmation mail says about login but didn't manage to find where is this. Please advice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2009 04:03AM by spapax.
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by yukiyu December 17, 2009 07:15PM reply | quote
posted by yukiyu
Hi,
i upload 2 photos in "LENSBABY CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS" page (http://lensbaby.com/getpublished/).
The first photo is called "Childhood".
The second photo is called "Enjoy HONG KONG".
However, there are duplicate to show my photo - Childhood.
So what can i do???
Will lensbady help to delete the duplicate one?
submisson change posted by ronschiller76 December 23, 2009 03:07AM reply | quote
posted by ronschiller76

How can I change my submitted photos?
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by DonnaLee December 24, 2009 01:14PM reply | quote
posted by DonnaLee
The model release form is not showing up for me when I submitted my photos (says it is on the right but nothing there). Please help
Re: Call for Submissions - Rules Change posted by Keri (Admin) December 28, 2009 08:03AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

So sorry to the last few folks who posted questions in this thread, which we've missed - if you are still having any issues please email us directly at getpublished@lensbaby.com.

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today